Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    make sure the husband isnt coming home early
    Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Mon nez est en SW6... Knocky's Nose's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Don’t stay in a job/career where you’re unhappy, move on. If you want to work for yourself or set up a business, plan it and do it. No procrastinating, override inhibitions and ignore any doomongers saying “better the devil you know”. Life’s too short.
      Absolutely agree with this 100% but when pitching a business idea never ask your friends if they think it's a good idea. They will always say yes, even if it's a crap one. They don't want to offend you.

Get impartial views, the harsher the better. Just because you think a cafe which sells coffee, cakes and artisan pottery is what the world has been waiting for - it might not be, and the overheads will swallow you up. I'm 49 now and started my first business aged 20. I've been both very wealthy (driving a Rolls Royce at 25 !!) and I've been bankrupt (driving a Mini Metro with one months Tax and MoT left on it at 26) - but it's been the best ride ever and I wouldn't have changed a single thing.

Don't be scared - but keep your eyes wide open. That's my fantastic advice on self-employment.
      Ce Qui Donne?

13 Not allowed!
      Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
      its everyone else not me
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
      Don’t eat yellow snow!
      Unless you recognise the handwriting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Football: Gossip for men!

0 Not allowed!
      Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time
      "It's all bullshit folks, and it's bad for you" George Carlin
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      1. Take time to know yourself. "Know thyself" said Aristotle. When you know who you are, you can be wise about your goals, your dreams, your standards, your convictions. Knowing who you are allows you to live your life with purpose and meaning.

2. A narrow focus brings big results. The number one reason people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go instead of how far they have come. But it's a series of small wins that can give us the most significant success.

3. Show up fully. Don't dwell on the past, and don't daydream about the future, but concentrate on showing up fully in the present moment.

4. Don't make assumptions. If you don't know the situation fully, you can't offer an informed opinion.

5. Be patient and persistent. Life is not so much what you accomplish as what you overcome.

6. In order to get, you have to give. If you support, guide, and lead others, if you make contributions to their lives, you will reap the best rewards.

7. Luck comes from hard work. Luck happens when hard work and timing and talent intersect.

8. Be your best at all times. You never know what the future will bring, so always make the best use of the present.

9. Don't try to impress everyone. The unhappiest people are those who care the most about what other people think.

10. Don't be afraid of being afraid. Sometimes the one thing you need for growth is the one thing you are most afraid to do.

11. Listen to learn. Learn how to listen. You can't learn anything when you're talking.

12. Life's good, but it's not fair. The delusion that life's supposed to be fair is the source of much unhappiness.

13. No task is beneath you. Don't put yourself above anyone or anything; work hard in silence and let success make the noise.

14. You can't always get what you want. But, as the song says, if you try you may find you get what you need.

15. Don't make decisions when you are angry or ecstatic. The best decisions are made with a clear conscious mind, not in the throes of any emotion--positive or negative.

16. Don't worry what other people think. Personality begins where comparison leaves off. Be unique. Be memorable. Be confident. Be proud.

17. Use adversity as an opportunity. Every loss leads to an opportunity, and every adversity leads to new possibilities.

18. Do what is right, not what is easy. Strength of character leads us to do the right thing, even when there are easier options.

19. Dreams remain dreams until you take action. Without action, an idea is just a dream.

20. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Do right. Do your best. Treat others as you would want them to treat you.

21. When you quit, you fail. The surest way to lose at any endeavor is to quit. But fatigue, discomfort, and discouragement are merely symptoms of effort.

22. Trust your instincts. What good is intuition if you let second-guessing drown it out? The worst enemy of success is self-doubt.

23. Learn something new every day. Have the mindset of a student. Never think you are too old to ask questions or know too much to learn something new.

24. Make what is valuable important. Instead of thinking about what is profitable, think about what is valuable. Invest in others and you will grow your portfolio.

25. Believe in yourself. The way you see yourself is the way you will treat yourself, and the way you treat yourself is what you become.

https://www.inc.com/lolly-daskal/25-...le-ignore.html
      "To be honest, I was holding out just for Brighton really. This is where I wanted to be."
      - Bobby Zamora, Tuesday 4th August 2015
      "It does not matter what league you are in, the goalposts don't move."
      - Glenn Murray, Sunday 4th March 2018
      Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

0 Not allowed!
      If you are thinking of posting something on the internet that begins "I'm sorry, but. . ." - don't!
      Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.

4 Not allowed!
      Flat pack furniture has a tendency to return back to its original state.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

0 Not allowed!
      Wear a mask until the rona is over.
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Knocky's Nose View Post
      Anyone who wears a hat whilst driving is always a shit driver.
      Bet you wouldn't say that to Lewis Hamilton's face
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson