Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Players just a commodity!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52866678

Am I missing something.
Aren’t the players the single biggest beneficiaries as with out restart the clubs will lose the revenues that pay the
Ridiculous salaries that the continue to get.
Defender Mings, 27, also claimed players are "commodities in the game".

Guess what Minger? That's the sole reason you and your half-bright fellow players get paid what you get paid :dunce:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i accept his point of players treated a commodity, expceted to do as they are told. i totally reject his criticism about the money, as the players are in a position to alleviate that problem by foregoing wages. all the time players accept their wages, they accept their obligations to do as the clubs ask.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Strange how almost all of the PL’s new moral crusaders play for relegation threatened clubs.

Plus he’s stating the obvious, PB admitted on national radio a few weeks back that yes, the planned return of football is about the money.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure that it's wise for someone paid large sums of money to complain that his business returning to trade is all about that.

But, of course, it is about that. What else would it be ?

It's why businesses want to return, when legislation allows. They can't survive, and pay silly money, otherwise.

Whether folk like it or not, there is a crude balancing act in place.

If the high street is returning then football must too. With all necessary precautions for safety added.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
He's right but players are a big part of the problem after all most of the money goes on their wages.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have no sympathy with PL players as after 1 year have set them self up for life.With this goes at end of contract ability to pick and chose where to go. Murray an example liked living here and only willing to play for easy reach club.
I also think Div 1/2 player in comparison to clubs income are also overpaid. However I do have sympathy for them as a commodity. When released they so often have to go up and down country playing for first club that offers them a 1 year contract. Must be difficult for relationships and schooling

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Of course it's about the money. In negotiations with the PFA and in negotiations within each club, the players have been more or less unanimous that they want paying in full and won't accept a cut in pay; therefore the players are insisting that the clubs start playing. Where else do they expect the money to come from?

If Mings have phrased it slightly differently, perhaps on the lines of "it could be seen as being a little early but we multi-millionaires won't cut our wages and the only way we will get paid is by playing football ..." then it would have been both clearer, and more accurate.

Sir-Len

Oct 28, 2012
Berkshire
Our players seem to have been consulted all the way along, whilst concerned on their return seem to be together as usual. If Villa or any other team feel put upon then it may well help out cause. Cheers Tyrone ��

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here