Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watching Matches With Zoom

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone planning on joining a zoom meeting whilst watching our matches?

It might improve the experience & atmosphere slightly if you’ve a screen next to your TV flipping through 200 odd Albion front rooms as we all enjoy the match.

I’m wondering if they’ll be an NSC Zoom link popping up?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yeah, but beware time delays for those viewing on iffy websites, the wireless, IPTV, satellite, aerial blah de blah yadda yadda.

Goal time delays might cause grief.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
For a second there, I thought you were floating the idea that matches be played on Zoom.

Which could work. Just need 11 players from each side to join, then pass control of the 'screen sharing' function between each other (instead of an actual ball) to rack up some Poyet-levels of possession control.

Though I can foresee some issues too...

Duffy's microphone mute not working; everyone having to tell Dale to turn his camera round the other way; Glenn's connection buffering every time he tries to go over 5MB speed; the 40 minute call limit expiring just as Liverpool are about to win the league...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Goal time delays might cause grief.

This could really be an issue.

I can see Zoom groups popping up from the club officially, the Argus, supporters clubs, podcast providers etc. I’d certainly be looking at joining one to try and get a modicum of atmosphere since there won’t be any provided from the stadium or my front room!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Additionally, if it were to happen on an agreed platform, then a strict dress code should apply.

The normal MotD attire of pants and a t-shirt/silk négligée might put some off of their tea.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Had thought about this with mates, but concerned that time delays could ruin goals etc a little, as it does when keeping track of a game with others who aren’t with me.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
For a second there, I thought you were floating the idea that matches be played on Zoom.

Which could work. Just need 11 players from each side to join, then pass control of the 'screen sharing' function between each other (instead of an actual ball) to rack up some Poyet-levels of possession control.

Though I can foresee some issues too...

Duffy's microphone mute not working; everyone having to tell Dale to turn his camera round the other way; Glenn's connection buffering every time he tries to go over 5MB speed; the 40 minute call limit expiring just as Liverpool are about to win the league...

This is why I like NSC.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No.

Along with the delay, time limit restrictions, there will be the usual drop outs around 40 minutes as people go and queue by their fridge for their half time drink before moving to the microwave to heat their pie up, then again at 80 minutes as they need to leave to take the dog for a walk or some other reason.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I think it would be more of a distraction. If I watch something whether it be a concert, a film or sporting event I don’t want to talk through it. I’ll talk for England at intervals or afterwards but I like to properly watch and analyse not get caught up in peripheral conversation.

Massively anti-social hence why I like doing things on my own a lot of the time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As Zoom is only for 40 minutes for non subscribers, that'll fit in nicely for the second half, where people depart early :D

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What about the club purchasing 30k cheap monitors and hooking them up to a server of whatever and you have a zoom meeting with the screen on your seat facing the pitch?

Might be a question as to whether you allow 10% of the monitors in the south stand to be used by away fans!!

Got to think out of the box!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here