Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Window

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Has it been said how this will work?

Different countries are going to finish this season, and presumably start next season, at different times. Will it be a short window whilst no-one is playing, or will the window overlap some Leagues? Could there be different windows for domestic and international transfers?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well if it’s a season behind closed doors I can see clubs below top league level all going bust as the income is mainly based on attendance. Which in turn will dramatically effect any transfer window. Covid may well of changed the face of football for years to come.

With so many uncertainties ahead the days of reckless spending and over inflated player valuations may well have come to an end which may be good for the game in that respect. If we go down we will be one of those clubs looking over our shoulder worrying about how to survive without any gate money coming in. If money leaves the game will young players look for other career paths as an income?

In 1986 when I started my apprenticeship the guy I was under was offered lower league football contracts and turned them all down as he was earning more as an electrician and played non league at the weekends for fun. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9363216]We are lining ourselves up for 3 summers of football at the moment :clap2:

Premier League 20
Euro 21
World Cup 22

:banana:
Except the 2022 World Cup is scheduled to be held in December 2022.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
With so many uncertainties ahead the days of reckless spending and over inflated player valuations may well have come to an end which may be good for the game in that respect. If we go down we will be one of those clubs looking over our shoulder worrying about how to survive without any gate money coming in. If money leaves the game will young players look for other career paths as an income?

It won’t end for the top clubs if the TV money keeps rolling in.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
This season more than ever it’s going to be so important to stay in the PL . Without grounds lots of clubs outside the PL are going to be in trouble if crowds do not return for more than a year . Hopefully this won’t be the case but it’s not impossible if we get another spike in the virus and no vaccine.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Hopefully Arsenal will be very tired after their game against city after such a long lay off and may even pick up a few muscle related injuries !

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
After wage cuts and lay-offs it will be difficult for any big money signings. Expect more coming through the ranks

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If as expected the market drops, it's certainly come at a bad time for us, just when it was beginning to look as if we might be about to do some Southampton-like business with products of our youth team.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If as expected the market drops, it's certainly come at a bad time for us, just when it was beginning to look as if we might be about to do some Southampton-like business with products of our youth team.
On the flip side, this may mean we can actually keep them and see them turn out in the stripes a little longer. Our squad is bloated IMO so selling the players we don't want will be more of an issue.

Relegation of course would mess all of this up and we'd have to sell the family silver.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On the flip side, this may mean we can actually keep them and see them turn out in the stripes a little longer. Our squad is bloated IMO so selling the players we don't want will be more of an issue.

Relegation of course would mess all of this up and we'd have to sell the family silver.
Wasn't suggesting we sold them straight away - a season or two in the PL for us would increase their value; no point inn selling them off cheap as U23s. The potential price drop doesn't help us in terms of moving on some senior professionals to make room for our star youngsters.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Wasn't suggesting we sold them straight away - a season or two in the PL for us would increase their value; no point inn selling them off cheap as U23s. The potential price drop doesn't help us in terms of moving on some senior professionals to make room for our star youngsters.
No I didn't think you were, but hopefully it puts us in a stronger position going forward. Perhaps we may be prepared to take a bit less for players we don't need of we are replacing them with players coming through the u23 team?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Market will be made up of mainly loans and swap deals I imagine.

Opens on the 10th - the PL really should put a ban on players being able to move during this time

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No I didn't think you were, but hopefully it puts us in a stronger position going forward. Perhaps we may be prepared to take a bit less for players we don't need of we are replacing them with players coming through the u23 team?

We'll be taking (quite) a bit less, prepared to or not!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The game is in a right old mess not just Covid and the risk to those involved in this restart, but seasons overlapping, yearly summer tournaments, the money involved, the inequality between clubs and leagues, the influence of media companies Sky and BT, questionable new from FIFA, customers not fans all these things contribute towards the mess.

This season just declare it finished
Restart in August if safe to do so
Remove VAR until they can come up with a better option
Make national TV broadcasters preferred bidders for televising a number of games per season
Spread the wealth of the top flight more cap wages cap club spending

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The dates for the transfer window are to be debated at a Premier League shareholders meeting on Thursday, with sources indicating it will probably begin on July 27 and finish on October 5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here