Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    WEST STAND ANDY

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The main difference from the general public and footballers is that the testing is being offered to all footballs no matter if they have symptoms or not. So no need to isolate if you can be tested and show up as fine. With the tests being paid for by the Premier League this is possible but not for the wider public I guess!
    I agree that they are being tested twice a week but that still leaves 5 other days inbetween they could get infected (out shopping etc etc) plus they could be false negatives on one day then infected the next. Reading the Track and Trace guidelines (I know I'm sad) but it makes it pretty clear that all close contact with other people would technically require them to isolate too.

With day to day training, matches, and the closeness of the players in changing rooms etc, how a body or group could then determine that if player 'A' was found to have the virus he has spent no more than 15 mins close to any other player is beyond me.

Either we just accept the risk and get on with it or under the guidelines of Track and Trace this realistically would require large groups of players to self isolate if one of their team members is found to have the virus. Very grey area from what I have read, although suspect there will be some loophole for footballers.
    Last edited by southstandandy; 02-06-2020 at 16:16.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Arthritic Toe View Post
      What's the betting that Sky will hike the cost of the NowTV sports pass...
      I buy mine on a ten month deal that works out at twenty pounds per month. Last year I told them I would not be renewing as the price went up. They then offered a deal pretty close to the previous season price. I will do the same this year and am prepared not to renew at all if the same deal is not forthcoming.

0 Not allowed!
      The other thing with NowTV is that it is often crap. Lots of screen feezes and pixelated pictures. Only used it a few times, but it's always let me down.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      The other thing with NowTV is that it is often crap. Lots of screen feezes and pixelated pictures. Only used it a few times, but it's always let me down.
      I've never had a problem with it - could it be down to your broadband speed?
      Wanna balloon? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
      I think there are a small number of games on Amazon Prime as well, although I'm not 100% sure on that.
      They've just announced the 4 games they have will now be free to air.
      "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"

0 Not allowed!
      Apparently Plucky Little Bournemuff v Palace could be the BBC's first live PL game. Thrill-an-hour stuff for the punters.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Arthritic Toe View Post
      I've never had a problem with it - could it be down to your broadband speed?
      Not if my broadband provider (Virgin) can be believed... mind you, they are so full of ****!
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      I have had the same problems. I stopped buying Now TV passes for that reason. It could the part of the house where I watch , it seems better halfway down the stairs .... Mind you I had some buffering with Amazon games when Albion were on and I was right by the router then.....

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Danny Wilson Said View Post
      Apparently Plucky Little Bournemuff v Palace could be the BBC's first live PL game. Thrill-an-hour stuff for the punters.
      "Prime time Saturday" apparently. Not an easy game for us, we'll have to hope for a Palace win.

Given Arsenal play 8pm Wednesday at City, I reckon we'll be a Sunday (or even Monday) game.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk
      Harry!Harry!Harry!
      Brighton v Crystal Palace
      Games won: 40
      Games drawn: 26
      Games lost: 37

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grummit View Post
      "Prime time Saturday" apparently. Not an easy game for us, we'll have to hope for a Palace win.

Given Arsenal play 8pm Wednesday at City, I reckon we'll be a Sunday (or even Monday) game.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk
      Indeed. It will be like watching that Cardiff v Palace game and having to cheer Zaha and company.
      England are still the only team to have won the World Cup wearing red shirts.