Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] for those that are bothered - THE FIXTURES ARE OUT..

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
At the least the Track and Trace staff will have little trouble tracking down those who have mixed with a player who might develop the virus in the next few weeks between their twice a week testing..Should make their job far easier for isolation purposes.

Under their guidelines 'Contact' with anyone who develops the virus is classed as " meaning a person who has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus and who may or may not live with them" - presumably that will be the whole squad once training has fully resumed with close contact. Or am I miss-interpreting the government guidelines?

The main difference from the general public and footballers is that the testing is being offered to all footballs no matter if they have symptoms or not. So no need to isolate if you can be tested and show up as fine. With the tests being paid for by the Premier League this is possible but not for the wider public I guess!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Might be a stupid question, but for those games that aren't on BBC, how do we watch them, seeing as the pubs will still be shut? I guess NowTV for Sky, but is BT also having coverage - anyone know the breakdown per broadcaster?

I really think they could have made all the games free-to-view on the BBC seeing as actual fans (as opposed to armchair fans) won't be able to go to them.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Might be a stupid question, but for those games that aren't on BBC, how do we watch them, seeing as the pubs will still be shut? I guess NowTV for Sky, but is BT also having coverage - anyone know the breakdown per broadcaster?

I really think they could have made all the games free-to-view on the BBC seeing as actual fans (as opposed to armchair fans) won't be able to go to them.

Half of the all the Sky games are free to air on freeview channel 11 "PICK" which is sky's own freeview channel. BT games are all included online if you BT broadband/phone package.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

You can get a monthly pass for BT Sport to use online.

But it costs a painful £25.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
BT have not come out of this well

No discount/made it difficult to cancel and now now free to air

In BTs defence they did show last season's champions league final free to air and they may well make concessions on the FA cup.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just hoping BT Sport aren't interested in little Brighton as BT Sport is the only one I don't already pay for.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

The problem is money. If all games were free on BBC then the Premier League would have to refund a large amount of money to Sky and BT. This could have quite a serious financial impact on the clubs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thanks for the responses.

So if you pay for a £25 BT pass and a monthly NowTV pass you can get everything?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The main difference from the general public and footballers is that the testing is being offered to all footballs no matter if they have symptoms or not. So no need to isolate if you can be tested and show up as fine. With the tests being paid for by the Premier League this is possible but not for the wider public I guess!

I agree that they are being tested twice a week but that still leaves 5 other days inbetween they could get infected (out shopping etc etc) plus they could be false negatives on one day then infected the next. Reading the Track and Trace guidelines (I know I'm sad) but it makes it pretty clear that all close contact with other people would technically require them to isolate too.

With day to day training, matches, and the closeness of the players in changing rooms etc, how a body or group could then determine that if player 'A' was found to have the virus he has spent no more than 15 mins close to any other player is beyond me.

Either we just accept the risk and get on with it or under the guidelines of Track and Trace this realistically would require large groups of players to self isolate if one of their team members is found to have the virus. Very grey area from what I have read, although suspect there will be some loophole for footballers.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What's the betting that Sky will hike the cost of the NowTV sports pass...

I buy mine on a ten month deal that works out at twenty pounds per month. Last year I told them I would not be renewing as the price went up. They then offered a deal pretty close to the previous season price. I will do the same this year and am prepared not to renew at all if the same deal is not forthcoming.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The other thing with NowTV is that it is often crap. Lots of screen feezes and pixelated pictures. Only used it a few times, but it's always let me down.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think there are a small number of games on Amazon Prime as well, although I'm not 100% sure on that.

They've just announced the 4 games they have will now be free to air.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've never had a problem with it - could it be down to your broadband speed?

Not if my broadband provider (Virgin) can be believed... mind you, they are so full of ****!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The other thing with NowTV is that it is often crap. Lots of screen feezes and pixelated pictures. Only used it a few times, but it's always let me down.

I have had the same problems. I stopped buying Now TV passes for that reason. It could the part of the house where I watch , it seems better halfway down the stairs .... Mind you I had some buffering with Amazon games when Albion were on and I was right by the router then.....

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Apparently Plucky Little Bournemuff v Palace could be the BBC's first live PL game. Thrill-an-hour stuff for the punters.
"Prime time Saturday" apparently. Not an easy game for us, we'll have to hope for a Palace win.

Given Arsenal play 8pm Wednesday at City, I reckon we'll be a Sunday (or even Monday) game.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
"Prime time Saturday" apparently. Not an easy game for us, we'll have to hope for a Palace win.

Given Arsenal play 8pm Wednesday at City, I reckon we'll be a Sunday (or even Monday) game.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Indeed. It will be like watching that Cardiff v Palace game and having to cheer Zaha and company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here