Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Orient - Club For A Fiver

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
During lockdown I’ve been watching a few fly on the wall football club documentaries and this is GOLD !

I’m sure a lot of you have seen it already but those who haven’t enjoy John Sitton being total nut job !

Some real comedy GOLD moments !!

He never really got back into the game after this and is now a London cabbie

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
During lockdown I’ve been watching a few fly on the wall football club documentaries and this is GOLD !

I’m sure a lot of you have seen it already but those who haven’t enjoy John Sitton being total nut job !

Some real comedy GOLD moments !!

He never really got back into the game after this and is now a London cabbie

He is indeed a colleague of mine.

Feel the documentary ruined any chance he had.

Recommend his book “A little knowledge is a dangerous thing”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
So you, you little c*** when I tell you to do something and you, you ****ing big c*** - when I tell you to do something, do it. And if you come back at me, we’ll have a ****ing right sort out in here.

‘And you can pair up if you like. And you can ****ing pick someone else to help you, and you can bring your ****ing dinner. Because, by the time I’m finished with you, you’ll ****ing need it. Do you ****ing hear what I’m saying or not?'

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
He is indeed a colleague of mine.

Feel the documentary ruined any chance he had.

Recommend his book “A little knowledge is a dangerous thing”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair I thought he was a bit of a prick after watching the documentary but I’ve since read a lot about him and this YouTube video interview is very interesting albeit very long ! It changed my opinion of him and he does come across as really quite intelligent and has a real depth of knowledge about the game.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Total prick, he should have been chucked out of the nearest window.

Just a bully and I detest bullies.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I’m pretty sure a lot of that went on in dressing rooms across the country.

I watched another fly on the wall documentary with Big Ron helping out a rookie manager at Peterborough and in my opinion he was a lot worse a real bellend.

There is also another one with Warnock at Sheff Utd, and he lays into his players just the same. Problem with Sitton is he wasn’t respected by his players as the previous season he was one of them.

But watching other stuff about him he really comes across as an intelligent guy with a football brain but that documentary ruined him just as it did the Peterborough bloke, but he really was a prick with no football brain !!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

With you.

I remember watching that documentary at the time. It was the football equivalent of 'Love Thy Neighbour' with added '****'. In almost every respect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m pretty sure a lot of that went on in dressing rooms across the country.

I watched another fly on the wall documentary with Big Ron helping out a rookie manager at Peterborough and in my opinion he was a lot worse a real bellend.

There is also another one with Warnock at Sheff Utd, and he lays into his players just the same. Problem with Sitton is he wasn’t respected by his players as the previous season he was one of them.

But watching other stuff about him he really comes across as an intelligent guy with a football brain but that documentary ruined him just as it did the Peterborough bloke, but he really was a prick with no football brain !!

I would be surprised that if, among the EPL clubs, even Mr Wilder at Sh'united behaves like that. Times change. Back in the day was back in the day. Today is a different day. Yesterday was the day before today. Last Thursday is; anyway, you get my drift.

Not sure if I could actually ever watch that horror show documentary again TBF, even though I laughed my head off at the time. The players were just laughing at him. :cheers:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I would be surprised that if, among the EPL clubs, even Mr Wilder at Sh'united behaves like that. Times change. Back in the day was back in the day. Today is a different day. Yesterday was the day before today. Last Thursday is; anyway, you get my drift.

Not sure if I could actually ever watch that horror show documentary again TBF, even though I laughed my head off at the time. The players were just laughing at him. :cheers:

I’m not so sure, Sir Alex gave United players the hair dryer treatment and even luzzed a boot at Beckhams head, managers have different styles, but maybe you are right in today’s modern game, with millionaire players with egos even bigger than their pay check, managers can’t be like that anymore ?

But I would like to think there is still an element in today’s game of the manager going absolute hat stand at a player who isn’t doing what he’s told !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m not so sure, Sir Alex gave United players the hair dryer treatment and even luzzed a boot at Beckhams head, managers have different styles, but maybe you are right in today’s modern game, with millionaire players with egos even bigger than their pay check, managers can’t be like that anymore ?

But I would like to think there is still an element in today’s game of the manager going absolute hat stand at a player who isn’t doing what he’s told !

:lolol: yes.

Trouble is when I do it at work I get complaints then I get a talking to.

If only I could tolerate jackasses with equanimity??? Sadly that's when the country goes to the dogs - when nobody gives a shit about owt.

I think I just argued against my point there :lolol: :mad:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
:lolol: yes.

Trouble is when I do it at work I get complaints then I get a talking to.

If only I could tolerate jackasses with equanimity??? Sadly that's when the country goes to the dogs - when nobody gives a shit about owt.

I think I just argued against my point there :lolol: :mad:

Many a time in my working life I would have loved to have said these words to a BELLCHEESE colleague:

And you can pair up if you like. And you can ****ing pick someone else to help you, and you can bring your ****ing dinner. Because, by the time I’m finished with you, you’ll ****ing need it. Do you ****ing hear what I’m saying or not?'

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair I thought he was a bit of a prick after watching the documentary but I’ve since read a lot about him and this YouTube video interview is very interesting albeit very long ! It changed my opinion of him and he does come across as really quite intelligent and has a real depth of knowledge about the game.

THREE HOURS. Ruddy hell!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can't imagine Potter tells our players they can bring their ****ing dinner.

He'd be much more likely to threaten them with having to perform (socially distanced) opera in a tutu.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here