Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace’s Accounts

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Short version

Revenue up 3% (and higher than the Albion)
Wages up 2% (and higher than the Albion)
Operating losses £36 million (and higher than the Albion)
Sale of Wan-Bissaka at end of season reversed the losses but no cash received at sale date
Steve Parish employment cost £3m (higher than the Albion)
Squad cost £208m (higher than the Albion).
Net debt £71m (lower than the Albion)

Overall their numbers reflect six years of being in PL compared to our two. Risky strategy in terms of some players on £130k a week but it has worked to date.

Long version is here

http://priceoffootball.com/crystal-palace-2018-19-dissidents/

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
On the other hand, if you listen to Swiss Ramble it reads,

£5.2 million profit after tax
Broadcasting money - £124.4 million ( up 3%)
Commercial - £16.4 million ( up 6%)
Match day - £14.6 million ( up 7%)
Wages - up £2 million ( to £119 million)
Other expenses - down £1 million
Made a profit in 4 seasons out of 6 .

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
On the other hand, if you listen to Swiss Ramble it reads,

£5.2 million profit after tax
Broadcasting money - £124.4 million ( up 3%)
Commercial - £16.4 million ( up 6%)
Match day - £14.6 million ( up 7%)
Wages - up £2 million ( to £119 million)
Other expenses - down £1 million
Made a profit in 4 seasons out of 6 .

When Swiss Ramble is the first-call football finance expert for every media outlet, broadcast and print, and does a podcast with Palace fan Kevin Day, maybe we'll pay attention. Until then ...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
When Swiss Ramble is the first-call football finance expert for every media outlet, broadcast and print, and does a podcast with Palace fan Kevin Day, maybe we'll pay attention. Until then ...

You are quite correct, El Pres is indeed the dogs bollocks regarding football finance, but he does put a Brighton spin on Palace related items. :rolleyes:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
What are the Albion's wages? Just so that I can compare?
Would also be interesting to know what an independent valuation of player value is, as I get the impression that Palace's squad is older than ours.
A 7% increase in Matchday revenue is decent.
The current state of play is going to have a big impact for all clubs, and my instinct would be that the cost of wages will be very closely looked at by all clubs going forwards with great importance on reducing them.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Parish is earning £3million a year?,For what? Turfing out good Palace Fans from their seats so that group of hooded virgins, with spotty noses, drums and loud hailers can create the best noise of the league ( think they have one of the worst home records)We have Bloom who puts in £300 million, they have Disney, thank the Lord, there is a god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You are quite correct, El Pres is indeed the dogs bollocks regarding football finance, but he does put a Brighton spin on Palace related items. :rolleyes:

Where’s the spin, more revenue, wages, player spend is all there.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What are the Albion's wages? Just so that I can compare?
Would also be interesting to know what an independent valuation of player value is, as I get the impression that Palace's squad is older than ours.
A 7% increase in Matchday revenue is decent.
The current state of play is going to have a big impact for all clubs, and my instinct would be that the cost of wages will be very closely looked at by all clubs going forwards with great importance on reducing them.

AF81E351-6D39-42B2-94EF-B984635C5F5E.jpeg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Swiss is a good friend of mine and is the Godfather of football finance in my eyes. He’s far too smart and earning millions to waste his time doing unpaid media work!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
At the end of the day you cant argue that Palaces approach hasn't been more effective than ours in terms of performance in the now. It may unravel long term but our position and performance is horrible for our outlay and Tony must be disappointed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Short version

Revenue up 3% (and higher than the Albion)
Wages up 2% (and higher than the Albion)
Operating losses £36 million (and higher than the Albion)
Sale of Wan-Bissaka at end of season reversed the losses but no cash received at sale date
Steve Parish employment cost £3m (higher than the Albion)
Squad cost £208m (higher than the Albion).
Net debt £71m (lower than the Albion)

Overall their numbers reflect six years of being in PL compared to our two. Risky strategy in terms of some players on £130k a week but it has worked to date.

Long version is here

http://priceoffootball.com/crystal-palace-2018-19-dissidents/

Lower debt partly because:

1. They haven’t spent £174m on infrastructure. Just a few quid on Hammerite rust paint.

2. Their insolvency wiped out debt in an instant.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At the end of the day you cant argue that Palaces approach hasn't been more effective than ours in terms of performance in the now. It may unravel long term but our position and performance is horrible for our outlay and Tony must be disappointed.

Watford and Burnley are the consistent over achievers.

Everton and West Ham the car crashes.

Palace are always in the mid table of PL wage spends and match that in the table, so they are not over performing.

Brighton had a lower end PL wage spend, so unsurprisingly we find ourselves in PL relegation battles.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Tony probably IS disappointed, but the investment in the long term is amazing - stadium, training facilities, Development Squad, women's team, etc, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here