Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Remember where you were 16 years ago?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I was there with my mate Pete, who died suddenly a few years ago.
Thanks for this memory it's made me miss Pete all the more.

Great day, great days. Onwards and upwards. UTA.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember staying in with a new copy of the the Freeman’s SUMMER catalogue to peruse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I was at the play off final with my wife’s cousin, who sadly died from Covid 19 a month ago.
RIP Ray.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We were away with friends in their motorhome in Scotland around my wife's 50th birthday. At that particular juncture we were driving through Glencoe WITH NO FIRKIN RADIO RECEPTION AT ALL. When we got back in to civilisation the match was over and there were obvious noises of jubilant supporters in the background but it was ages before it became obvious who had won.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hungover in an Internet cafe in Poznan, Poland, creating my NSC account. I wish I’d come up with a better user name tbh, but I was in a state

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Good day all round.

Remember having a burger in McDonalds before the game drinking red wine out of a can :ohmy: (friend was in the wine industry and it was a prototype that funnily enough never took off!) Sea of Bristol City red in the burger shop, with my group of 5 in blue!

And then literally coming around the corner walking into a sea of blue, our end of the ground. Great they've built this stonking stadium literally in the middle of the city!!

Pants game, good penalty, very insensitively stopped off in ROYAL Wootten Bassett on the way home and drank in a pub with another group of friends...……….who were ALL Swindon Town fans and were less than impressed how we'd 'robbed' them a few weeks earlier in the playoff game at Withdean :albion2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can remember exactly.

I was in the study of an apartment in Taipei City listening to the game over the internet and on NSC's old chat room. It was before I gave up smoking. Ciggies were so cheap in Taiwan it was practically compulsory TO smoke. I think I worked my way through half a pack of Marlboro and lots and lots of these bad boys

taiwanbeer.JPG

Well, it was a nervy evening. I think it was about 2am when it was finally decided that we were promoted and I was quite smashed.

The Swindon game was less fun. I was on a visa run in Hong Kong and the game was right in the middle of the night. I found an internet caff in the morning and just got the score with none of the drama :lolol:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
How many did we take that day? Was it really 30,000? I wonder how many of those still go to The Amex now.

Speaking of crowds, anyone know how many we got for the stadium marches back then?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I was at uni in Bristol at the time so it was just a short hop over the Severn Bridge for me. It was a day that started with a hangover, brought on by a heavy session on the Friday with mates that had come up for the match. We got drinks bought for us a few Gas fans as I remember. Straight back on it the next day and ended up at The Academy back in Bristol for a big DnB night. Good times :)

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
At the very front of the upper tier on the 18 yard line. My lad was 5 and was drawing pictures of the game throughout. Stunning day and a hugely welcome Change to the events at Edgar Street 7 years before. Really did feel like we were going on the right direction. And it was the first time I’d seen us win in a big final after 3 Wembley blow outs

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Managed to park at some multi-storey car park some distance from Millenium stadium along with hundreds of other Albion fans. Courtesy bus into Cardiff and marvelled at how on earth they managed to get such a stadium into it's location. Went to give out the tickets only to discover I'd left 'em in my car glovebox. Bugger! Frantic taxi ride back to parking to retrieve tickets,Hurrah! Crap game but ace day out.
:wanker:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I went with my mate Pete and we took all the family - 7 kids between us.plus the missus - great day.

Could have so easily gone wrong in the evening. We decided to go to a local Brewers Fare type pub for some scoff. We were all in full colours including face paint. I had to pop to the car [in the car park] as I needed something. Sat outside were a group of 6-7 Cardiff lads. One approached and asked; "You Brighton?" I could not deny, and was preparing for a possible shoeing. I said yes. To my surprised the lad said something like; "Fantastic result mate, thanks for beating that Bristol scum!". I suspect, had we been playing anyone else the outcome may have been a little different - phew!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here