Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] In Praise of Michael Caine

Market Porter

Or The Globe
Feb 14, 2008
South Walk
This UTTER gash, borderline paedo, that I had to watch a few times to believe...

230D1B03-0A0D-452F-893F-020B99BCC6B3.jpeg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Charlie Croker.jpg

Alfie, Get Carter, Italian Job, very cool

Sleuth . . great film

educating rita and Cider house rules. very god too. All in all a pretty good career.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nolan has a bit of a thing for him. From memory they've worked together on all 3 Batman movies, The Prestige, Dunkirk and Inception. I'm sure there are others but they spring to mind.

The upcoming Tenet.

There's a bit of a running joke, because (until Dunkirk) his role in Nolan movies seemed to always be taking care of someone's kid - Thomas and Martha Wayne's son, Christian Bale's Daughter, Leo's kids, McConaughey's kids.

I do like some of his less revered roles:

Without a Clue
On Deadly Ground (when I was younger I like Seagal Movies)
Now You See Me
Gnomeo and Juliet

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Top actor and one of my favourites.he is equally at home as a leading man or a bit part actor.whatever the role he plays it absolutely spot on.keeps on popping up unexpectedly in modern movies which is a pleasant surprise as be did in Kingsman when I watched it a while back.people will quite properly mention his biggest roles here but I also think he was excellent as Alfred in the batman movies too.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Get Carter is a classic with an appearance by a very young Alun Armstrong of New Tricks fame , who I think also appeared in The Likely Lads as a thug who had a run in with our Terry

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Saw Cider House Rules for the first time recently. Even with the great cast in this film he still stole the show. Incredible performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here