Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] In Praise of Michael Caine

el punal

Our lovely luvvie Maurice Micklewhite, as was, has starred in some tremendous films and also some absolute stinkers - Jaws the Revenge for one, and my all time yuk movie Escape to Victory! On the other side of the coin Caine has been in some absolute belters. In no particular order here are my favourite five Michael Caine films :

Zulu, The Ipcress File, The Italian Job, Get Carter, Educating Rita. Honourable mention for Muppets Christmas Carol!!

Stay fit and healthy Michael, you’re a legend. :bowdown:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
51NAD1N44BL._AC_SY445_.jpg 250px-Sleuth_movie.jpg

and the local ones....Mona Lisa and The Black Windmill

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Our lovely luvvie Maurice Micklewhite, as was, has starred in some tremendous films and also some absolute stinkers - Jaws the Revenge for one, and my all time yuk movie Escape to Victory! On the other side of the coin Caine has been in some absolute belters. In no particular order here are my favourite five Michael Caine films :

Zulu, The Ipcress File, The Italian Job, Get Carter, Educating Rita. Honourable mention for Muppets Christmas Carol!!

Stay fit and healthy Michael, you’re a legend. :bowdown:

Too many good ones to mention. He is a class act. OK, a few duffers but he’s done some brilliant stuff. A career and a half.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I watched The Wrong Box the other day. Probably filed under duffers, but with a cup of tea and a handful of Rich Tea biscuits, I confess I enjoyed it. Loads of stars in it and I was struck by how well Caine acted in it, to the extent that I commented on it to Mrs Earle.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I remember him being interviewed about a film he done that was a bit of a stinker.

The interviewer was hinting at such,then asked him if he had seen it himself

He replied,no I haven't, but I've seen the house I bought with the money they paid me and it's lovely!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A National Treasure, we will miss him when he's gone.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I remember him being interviewed about a film he done that was a bit of a stinker.

The interviewer was hinting at such,then asked him if he had seen it himself

He replied,no I haven't, but I've seen the house I bought with the money they paid me and it's lovely!

I'm sure one of quotes was " My wife has an incredibly expensive way of life, which fortunately, can be paid for by a very poor standard of movie "

Last edited:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
His character's turn from posh, well-heeled aristocrat in Kingsmen to Sarf Lahndon geezer after he realised he had been poisoned was brilliant.

So was going outside naked in Get Carter.

Yeah, a few duff films and roles, combined with a greater bank of memorable (rather than great) performances.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Still not quite sure how he managed to wangle a part in Interstellar.

Michael Caine's agent :bowdown:

Nolan has a bit of a thing for him. From memory they've worked together on all 3 Batman movies, The Prestige, Dunkirk and Inception. I'm sure there are others but they spring to mind.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I haven't seen it in the best part of 20+ years but Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was funny. Steve Martin and Michael Caine both excellent. I don't know if it holds today though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here