Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FSA Fan Survey

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS' ASSOCIATION FAN SURVEY

With the expected resumption of Albion's season on June 20, the Football Supporters' Association are looking for responses from Premier League fans about what will happen next.

They are in close liaison with the Premier League, so all feedback is very much appreciated. If you can leave your answers below each question, I'll harvest them up and send them on.

Many thanks...

1) Are you supportive of football returning behind closed doors for the remainder of season 2019/20?
(Yes / No / Unsure)

2) How should Premier League Clubs recognise the importance of fans if they can’t be in the stadium?

3) How could fans be involved in matchday if they can’t attend in person?

4) How should the Premier League address the challenge of silence in stadia when broadcasting matches?

5) Would your view on any of the above change if the Premier League had to carry on playing behind closed doors during Season 2020/21?

6) Has structured dialogue with your club been maintained during the crisis (albeit meeting digitally of course) and if so how has this been undertaken, and who has represented the club?
(Please provide feedback on how you feel this has gone)

7) If structured dialogue in the more traditional sense has not been possible, has there been any other forms of supporter engagement taking place?

8) Have you been consulted by your club on ticketing matters such as refunds and season card renewals?
(Additional comments on this welcome)

9) Have you been consulted by your club on how the season should end?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

With the expected resumption of Albion's season on June 20, the Football Supporters' Association are looking for responses from Premier League fans about what will happen next.

They are in close liaison with the Premier League, so all feedback is very much appreciated. If you can leave your answers below each question, I'll harvest them up and send them on.

Many thanks...

1) Are you supportive of football returning behind closed doors for the remainder of season 2019/20?
(Yes / No / Unsure) Yes

2) How should Premier League Clubs recognise the importance of fans if they can’t be in the stadium? Messages to players in stadium screens. Crowd scenes before and at half time on the screens also.

3) How could fans be involved in matchday if they can’t attend in person? See above

4) How should the Premier League address the challenge of silence in stadia when broadcasting matches? No working solution

5) Would your view on any of the above change if the Premier League had to carry on playing behind closed doors during Season 2020/21? No

6) Has structured dialogue with your club been maintained during the crisis (albeit meeting digitally of course) and if so how has this been undertaken, and who has represented the club? Yes
(Please provide feedback on how you feel this has gone) Information and updates on their position has been consistent.

7) If structured dialogue in the more traditional sense has not been possible, has there been any other forms of supporter engagement taking place? No
(Please provide feedback on how you feel this has gone) See above

8) Have you been consulted by your club on ticketing matters such as refunds and season card renewals? No

9) Have you been consulted by your club on how the season should end? No

See above. Not sure why they haven't placed this survey online.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
(Yes / No / Unsure) No

2) How should Premier League Clubs recognise the importance of fans if they can’t be in the stadium? Do they care ?£

3) How could fans be involved in matchday if they can’t attend in person? Free TV coverage.

4) How should the Premier League address the challenge of silence in stadia when broadcasting matches? Don’t worry about it.

5) Would your view on any of the above change if the Premier League had to carry on playing behind closed doors during Season 2020/21? If it’s safe, then sobeit.

6) Has structured dialogue with your club been maintained during the crisis (albeit meeting digitally of course) and if so how has this been undertaken, and who has represented the club?
(Please provide feedback on how you feel this has gone) it may have been but it’s not given me any information I can’t get by watching BBC Sport or Sky Sports News

7) If structured dialogue in the more traditional sense has not been possible, has there been any other forms of supporter engagement taking place? No
(Please provide feedback on how you feel this has gone) Nothing has happened as far as I have heard.

8) Have you been consulted by your club on ticketing matters such as refunds and season card renewals?
(Additional comments on this welcome) yes, and with understandable results, no problem with the offer.

9) Have you been consulted by your club on how the season should end? No.
Most, if not all, fans that I spoke to or communicated with felt that the season should be cancelled. We’re getting on for 40,000 dead, football is not relevant.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
1) Are you supportive of football returning behind closed doors for the remainder of season 2019/20? = NO

2) How should Premier League Clubs recognise the importance of fans if they can’t be in the stadium? START ALL THE GAMES SHOWING 85 MINUTES PLAYED ON THE CLOCK , THEY WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FANS THEN .

3) How could fans be involved in matchday if they can’t attend in person? CROWD SOUNDS FROM PREVIOUS MATCHES EDITED AND BLASTED OUT ON THE TANNOY SYSTEM TO MIRROR WHATS HAPPENING ON THE PITCH , OBVIOUSLY GRASSHOPPER NOISES WHEN THE OPPO HAVE THE BALL

4) How should the Premier League address the challenge of silence in stadia when broadcasting matches? I REFER THE HONORABLE GENTLEMAN TO THE ANSWER I GAVE ABOVE

5) Would your view on any of the above change if the Premier League had to carry on playing behind closed doors during Season 2020/21? THEY WILL SO NO

6) Has structured dialogue with your club been maintained during the crisis (albeit meeting digitally of course) and if so how has this been undertaken, and who has represented the club? YES VERY GOOD , PLAYERS CHAIRMAN , AND COLNEL MUSTARD

7) If structured dialogue in the more traditional sense has not been possible, has there been any other forms of supporter engagement taking place?
(Please provide feedback on how you feel this has gone) NOT SURE

(Additional comments on this welcome) I WAS OFFERED A SEASON TICKET < AND WASN'T ON THE WAITING LIST

(Additional comments on this welcome) I HONESTLY DON'T THINK BRIGHTON WANT THIS SEASON TO RESTART , BUT IT IS SO THEY HAVE TO GET ON WITH IT , AND NO THEY DIDN'T BOTHER TO ASK ME HOW THE SEASON SHOULD END , JUST AS WELL REALLY .

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
tubby

Password
Save
Register
North Stand Chat - Powered by vBulletin

Discussion Forums
Forum HomeMark Forums ReadFAQ
Read the Albion
Activity Stream
Premier League Table
Search...

Advanced Search
ForumThe Main StuffThe Big Board FSA Fan Survey

Thread: FSA Fan Survey
View First Unread
Display
Yesterday, 20:07#1
97.2FM
The Albion Roar's AvatarJoin Date
Aug 2003

FSA Fan Survey

0 Not allowed!

Many thanks...

No

2) How should Premier League Clubs recognise the importance of fans if they can’t be in the stadium? It would need a miracle for the premier League to take the fans into consideration

3) How could fans be involved in matchday if they can’t attend in person? They can't

4) How should the Premier League address the challenge of silence in stadia when broadcasting matches? Do nothing. Fake noise would be worse than no noise

5) Would your view on any of the above change if the Premier League had to carry on playing behind closed doors during Season 2020/21? No

6) Has structured dialogue with your club been maintained during the crisis (albeit meeting digitally of course) and if so how has this been undertaken, and who has represented the club? Yes. The chief executive has held zoom meetings with the supporters clubs and has not ducked any questions.

(Additional comments on this welcome) Yes. Handled well with early contact and 3 choices for the refund as well as a season ticket payment holiday for next season

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014

No. Football with no crowd just isn’t football.

2) How should Premier League Clubs recognise the importance of fans if they can’t be in the stadium?

What does that even mean? If the fans aren’t there, what’s the point?

If I can’t attend then I’ll probably check the score at some point to see if we’re relegated. But that's it.

4) How should the Premier League address the challenge of silence in stadia when broadcasting matches?

By not playing games without fans. Either have them or don’t play.

5) Would your view on any of the above change if the Premier League had to carry on playing behind closed doors during Season 2020/21?

I’d wonder why football didn’t shut down in January 2018 when 60,000 people died of flu in Britain.

No idea. I was supposed to be getting an email about a refund but that never materialised.

What exactly is structured dialogue or supporter engagement? Why don’t you speak English instead of idiotic corporate jargon?

No.

No.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
1. Yes
2. Games on TV
3. Offer support via social media
4. Do nothing, that's what happens when you play behind closed doors
5. Would still watch on TV
6. They have offered refunds on season tickets, plenty of reporting in local media and messages from the club
7. See above
8. Yes, see above
9. No, but I'm happy with the progress so far.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Many thanks...

(Yes

2) How should Premier League Clubs recognise the importance of fans if they can’t be in the stadium? Stupid question. A plaque?

3) How could fans be involved in matchday if they can’t attend in person? They can't.

4) How should the Premier League address the challenge of silence in stadia when broadcasting matches? Ignore it? Ask Neil Brand to play 'silent movie' style cinematic piano?

5) Would your view on any of the above change if the Premier League had to carry on playing behind closed doors during Season 2020/21? Yes

6) Has structured dialogue with your club been maintained during the crisis (albeit meeting digitally of course) and if so how has this been undertaken, and who has represented the club? Yes, Emails and video, Paul Barber and some of the players. Could be wrong on this though.
(Please provide feedback on how you feel this has gone) It is fine for me

(Please provide feedback on how you feel this has gone) I get more than enough dialogue

(Additional comments on this welcome) Yes

No, and rightly so.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

Many thanks...

(Yes / No / Unsure) - NO

2) How should Premier League Clubs recognise the importance of fans if they can’t be in the stadium? - If they recognised the importance of fans they wouldn't be playing behind closed doors

3) How could fans be involved in matchday if they can’t attend in person? - They can't

4) How should the Premier League address the challenge of silence in stadia when broadcasting matches? - see reply to questions 1) & 2)

5) Would your view on any of the above change if the Premier League had to carry on playing behind closed doors during Season 2020/21?- No

(Please provide feedback on how you feel this has gone) - The club have been very good in keeping the fans informed mainly via Our CEO and Chairman

(Please provide feedback on how you feel this has gone) - See answer to question 6)

8) Have you been consulted by your club on ticketing matters such as refunds and season card renewals? - Yes

9) Have you been consulted by your club on how the season should end? - Not that I know of

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Many thanks...

(Yes / No / Unsure).
. No
Not restarting until fans can be there
Can't so pointless restarting
No matches
No. Football should not occur BCD
. Club have sent regular emails and appeared in press regularly
7) If structured dialogue in the more traditional sense has not been possible, has there been any other forms of supporter engagement taking place? N/a

. Yes

Finishing this season under current conditions will be a farce. Wait until lockdown completely lifted... Then continue.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

1) Are you supportive of football returning behind closed doors for the remainder of season 2019/20? UNSURE

2) How should Premier League Clubs recognise the importance of fans if they can’t be in the stadium? THEY CAN'T?

3) How could fans be involved in matchday if they can’t attend in person? NOT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA THANKS, I DON'T CARE WHAT THE OPINION OF DAVE IN BN3 IS

4) How should the Premier League address the challenge of silence in stadia when broadcasting matches? USE THE SOUNDTRACK AND COMMENTARY FROM PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER, ON THE PLAYSTATION 2

5) Would your view on any of the above change if the Premier League had to carry on playing behind closed doors during Season 2020/21? NO

6) Has structured dialogue with your club been maintained during the crisis (albeit meeting digitally of course) and if so how has this been undertaken, and who has represented the club? I OCCASIONALLY CHECK ON THE CLUB WEBSITE NEWS SECTION. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE CEO AND PLAYERS HAS BEEN FINE BUT I DON'T NEED DAILY UPDATES

7) If structured dialogue in the more traditional sense has not been possible, has there been any other forms of supporter engagement taking place? NOT INTERESTED

8) Have you been consulted by your club on ticketing matters such as refunds and season card renewals? I HAVE BEEN TOLD, YES. I WOULD RATHER I HAD A REFUND OF 2019-20 SEASON TICKET NOW, OVER REDUCED PAYMENTS FOR SEASON 2020-21 BUT I WAS NOT CONSULTED OR GIVEN THE OPTION. THIS IS BECAUSE SEASON 20-21 IS UNLIKELY TO GO AHEAD AS NORMAL. THEREFORE I EXPECT SOME OF THOSE GAMES WILL HAVE TO BE REFUNDED, CAUSING A FURTHER MUDDLE. REFUNDS FOR ONE SEASON SHOULDN'T BE PUSHED OVER TO NEXT SEASON.

9) Have you been consulted by your club on how the season should end? NO. I ALSO DON'T EXPECT TO BE. THE SEASON SHOULD BE DICTATED UNDER HEALTH GROUNDS NOT FAN OPINIONS. ALSO, IF IT ISN'T COMPLETED THEN USE THE SAME MODEL TO COMPLETE AS 1939.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Many thanks...

(Yes / No / Unsure) No

3) How could fans be involved in matchday if they can’t attend in person? Stay at home

4) How should the Premier League address the challenge of silence in stadia when broadcasting matches? Nothing. They've decided to play in empty stadiums so that is what it should be. No pretence that fans are there

5) Would your view on any of the above change if the Premier League had to carry on playing behind closed doors during Season 2020/21? Unfortunately no

6) Has structured dialogue with your club been maintained during the crisis (albeit meeting digitally of course) and if so how has this been undertaken, and who has represented the club? Yes, Paul Barber
Can't argue that he hasn't kept us informed of developments and the clubs position
No request for feedback as far as I recall but they have given fans options re refunds for example
8) Have you been consulted by your club on ticketing matters such as refunds and season card renewals? yes

(Additional comments on this welcome)I think the league should finish on the way it started. If that can't happen then should be voided. EPL clubs have dismissed that. However, if EPL finish and EFL don't then no club should be promoted\relegatede. Ridiculous that who ever drew up contracts did not include any disaster contingencies
Hope that's ok.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No

Season ticket discounts

They can't. Football should only come back when the fans can.

Play badger/badger/mushroom 10 hour loop over the speakers

No

Not sure

Yes

We'll I've been emailed with a discount

No

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Many thanks...

(/ No

By giving the game back to us. First suggestions; a salary cap and ban on clubs operating at a loss.
Only by watching on tv
Don’t address it. It is the reality. Football needs to return to packed stadiums and with a different financial model.
No
Don’t know

Don’t know

No. Just received e mails saying what was going to happen
I think we should have received refunds as lump sums not as reductions on direct debit. With the income earned by the club there is absolutely no excuse for them spending all and more on player wages and thereby endangering themselves.

Edit; My other answers have appeared in the quote bit above as though they are your words. Bit odd but you can find each answer immediate after each question.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No

Why would they change the habits of a lifetime?

Watch on TV (but not if that means having to subscribe to Sky or BT)

No idea. Perhaps they should have thought of that before going gung-ho to play to empty stadiums

No

Plenty of articles on club website.

No idea

No (not applicable as not an STH)

No. Just been told the club's view.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Too much of a ballache to answer on here. Can they not work out how to use survey monkey?
It will be the same questions, ya know.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
(Yes / No / Unsure)

No.

By not re-starting without them.

I don’t want to be “involved” remotely. I’m either there and involved, or I’m not there.

By restarting when they can have fans and not before.

No

I believe they have tried to keep everyone up to date. They have sent emails but I haven’t really engaged as there’s been more important things to worry about.

I’ve no idea.

I don’t believe so. They have made decisions to keep my money whilst there’s little prospect of providing the product. They have also continued to take more money for future games without knowing when or if they’ll be played, nor if I can attend.

No. As far as I’m aware, the entire Premier League have totally ignored what the fans might want as we’re largely irrelevant to them.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Thanks for these.

I'm sending your responses off on Thursday 4th June, so... any more?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here