Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Another Government Official who would in normal times be gone...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The development has created hundreds of jobs, that's a good thing.

What, £40 million-worth of jobs? I think not.

Jenrick should be sending Covid-19 a case of champagne for burying his bad news. In a period of normality this would be a front-running news story.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You have to remember that according to himself he wasn't biased only "apparently biased".

It's a bit like you know, only committing an offence but actually not being charged.

All cleared up them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Plenty of corruption in Labour too, especially local councils. See Rotten Boroughs in Private Eye for regular examples.

The answer is fewer politicians, fewer bureaucrats, and less state interference in people’s lives.

It’s obvious what’s happened in this case. But people always seem to want more daddy state instead of less of it. And the more power these people have, the more access to public money, the more cases like this. And this is just one of the few we hear about.

Out of interest, what specifically would you like to see the state stop interfering with peoples lives?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
How about when a local authority comes up with a plan that most of the 'locals' don't want it goes out for consultation which we all know means that it's going to happen anyway.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Would be an arrogant statement made by someone with a delusional sense of entitledment :shrug:

Qoute was by Harry Day who was a ww1 fighter ace who in ww2 was a prisoner of war who was part of the great escape,an illustrious career included being decorated by both the British and American governments.I suppose being a war hero may have given him a sense of entitlement.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Plenty of corruption in Labour too, especially local councils. See Rotten Boroughs in Private Eye for regular examples.

The answer is fewer politicians, fewer bureaucrats, and less state interference in people’s lives.

It’s obvious what’s happened in this case. But people always seem to want more daddy state instead of less of it. And the more power these people have, the more access to public money, the more cases like this. And this is just one of the few we hear about.

Nonsense - utter nonsense.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Qoute was by Harry Day who was a ww1 fighter ace who in ww2 was a prisoner of war who was part of the great escape,an illustrious career included being decorated by both the British and American governments.I suppose being a war hero may have given him a sense of entitlement.

Common phenomenon for those who thrive in war to have little patience for the banality of the rules of civil society. Some may call it entitlement, others may call it arrogance. Or boredom. Full respect to the warriors for they job they do, but spare me the 60 year old retired SAS man in his Jag on the M2 after a few snifters at the club. And very spare me the arrogant shits like Cummings and Boris who have actually done **** all for the country and are entitled to nothing. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I agree with your comments but each statement is unrelated.

Yes there is corruprion everywhere but it must all be opposed. Corruption at the YMCA does not justify letting Boris and his chums get away with it.

Fewer bureaucrats (and 'management' and red tape) would be brilliant - as a solution to the slow sludgy mechanics of state (and business and schools and universities and the NHS). But it has nothing to do with corrupt politicians in general and Boris the Liar and chums in particular.

Mmmmm not sure about your last comment. I don't recall anyone screaming for more state. Clearer laws, fewer loopholes, less ambiguity, fudge and mudge, maybe. But again this has nothing to do with the identity and disgracefulness of our present PM and cabinet.

Anyway.....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Now being investigated by the Metropolitan Police.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here