Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Another Government Official who would in normal times be gone...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
No one is surprised by this behaviour anymore, it is just expected now.
A requirement for being a politician.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Leftie trawls any newspaper article to try and score points alert

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Isn't Jenrick another who "did a Cummings" and went off to visit his third home during lockdown?

He did. I believe he was also the one who went and visited his parents a few times.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Leftie trawls any newspaper article to try and score points alert

Tory trawls any NSC thread in order to pour the usual old piss on anything embarrassing to score points alert.

D

Deleted member 22389

The development has created hundreds of jobs, that's a good thing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think we are having to pick up the pace a bit as there was a danger of the Trump administration putting clear daylight between us ???

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
If only it wasn't so bloody easy, when the Tories are in power there is always that awful stench of corruption.

Plenty of corruption in Labour too, especially local councils. See Rotten Boroughs in Private Eye for regular examples.

The answer is fewer politicians, fewer bureaucrats, and less state interference in people’s lives.

It’s obvious what’s happened in this case. But people always seem to want more daddy state instead of less of it. And the more power these people have, the more access to public money, the more cases like this. And this is just one of the few we hear about.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing new here, sadly all politicians answer to their paymasters. With the Tories it's usually a billionaire businessman, with Labour it's some Marxist loons who run a union.

I disagree with both statements. Some politicians are venal and do things for money (usually but not always tory). Some politicians are sponsored by a union and may be a member so they may have bias (not always) and marxist unions are not a prominent part of labour any more

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
FFS let's not bother with party loyalty when considering this case - and hopefully nobody will be idiotic enough to think that whataboutery will somehow further their cause (bit of a forlorn hope, I fear - whataboutery is in danger of becoming a pandemic these days!)

On the basis of what is reported in that article, yes, in my opinion that is sackable behaviour.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Would be an arrogant statement made by someone with a delusional sense of entitledment :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
FFS let's not bother with party loyalty when considering this case - and hopefully nobody will be idiotic enough to think that whataboutery will somehow further their cause (bit of a forlorn hope, I fear - whataboutery is in danger of becoming a pandemic these days!)

On the basis of what is reported in that article, yes, in my opinion that is sackable behaviour.

Is the right answer.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The development has created hundreds of jobs, that's a good thing.

That's not very thoughtful - you could say the same about a scheme to cover the Downs in townhouses and scrapyards. Anyway, the controversy was about the Tories and their mates getting out of £40m's worth of support for the community. Happy with that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here