Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What’s your favourite “years and years” film?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Following on from the excellent Stat Brother thread, let’s go completely the other way and look at nominations for best film that took absolutely bloody ages to unfold.

Prison drama is a rich seam here. I can offer up Papillon (1973) and The Shawshank Redemption straight off.

Over to you...

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I've always liked "The Time Machine" with Rod Taylor. The film starts in the year 1900 and moves forward to the year 802,701.

dc78676b644d9596252011ed1b65218d.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The Curious case of Benjamin Button.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Easy. My favourite film is 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Saw a battered original release print at the long gone Brighton ABC Regal in 1995 and was stunned by it. Saw a brand new 70mm print of it in the wonderful Piccadilly Central Picturehouse and fell in love with it all over again.

Then spent the next two hours in the pub opposite explaining it to the girl I took.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
American History X.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You’ll never view a kerbstone in the same way after viewing that film. Interesting stuff behind the scenes, Norton distancing himself from the film’s final cut as he didn’t like it.

What didn't he like about it?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Edit, got that wrong, the director publicly disowned it, I think Norton was involved in producing the final cut. Los of stuff online about it.

Same reason Norton was replaced as Bruce Banner/The Hulk. He seems to think he should have more say in the editing room than the director, which isn’t how it works.

He doesn’t do that with Wes Anderson, though, needless to say.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Edit, got that wrong, the director publicly disowned it, I think Norton was involved in producing the final cut. Los of stuff online about it.

Yeah, just read up that he almost wrestled control of the film away from the director.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure I understand the question.

Likewise so my only contribution is that it took me at least 4 attempts over a long period to watch North By Northwest to the end. Great film but I was watching it at night and kept falling asleep in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here