Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we were playing at home on Saturday and fans could attend...

Would you go and see us play this Saturday if you could?

• Yes - happy to accept the risk

Votes: 96 40.5%
  • No - unhappy with the risk

Votes: 141 59.5%

• Total voters

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
What a silly question. Government would never allow any sporting event to commence with spectators under the current circumstances.

I would go to games when allowed to, as at that point the risks involved will be totally
different. This questions asks weather or not you’d break rules and somehow enter a closed stadium.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No and probably won't even when our inept leadership tell me it's OK to do so. Despite being fighting fit (ish) I've discovered my immune system is bolloxed so I doubt I'll be back at the Amex even when I'm told I can be.

Unsure what that means for my ST, which I pay for in advance

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Where did you see that...all the stuff that I’ve read up until yesterday said that remains unclear

Sorry, you're right. I should have said that it's not clear whether people can catch it twice. I previously thought that if you'd already had it, you were in the clear but scientists just don't know

It's not enough for me to risk it

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
So you see no problem with the scenes we've seen at our beaches over the bank holiday weekend?

Huge numbers and very little social distancing going on.

But hang on, I forgot that's it all outdoors and no doubt the sea air helps too. Yeah, silly old me! As you were then.

Some beaches.. most beaches were absolutely fine - but please don’t let the facts cloud your agenda.

By the way I would also go because I’m in good health and in my 20’s.

Would I recommend anyone attending who is elderly / has a young family / health condition etc; probably not but it is their own choice to make.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
No, and I'm very surprised it's so close . Plenty of time to watch the Albion in the future without taking risks so soon .

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Some beaches.. most beaches were absolutely fine - but please don’t let the facts cloud your agenda.

Would I recommend anyone attending who is elderly / has a young family / health condition etc; probably not but it is their own choice to make.

I guess you don’t know any elderly or vulnerable people either. Or any NHS workers you might take off the front line if you pass it to them.
I wouldn’t go Saturday even if able to. The Government seem overly influenced by its friends in big business whilst lifting this lockdown.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possibly:
-v low risk of transmission outdoors
-I don’t use public transport to get there
-would avoid concourse as far as possible
-not in contact at all with any keyworkers or anyone known to be vulnerable, and fully working from home

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

There is no issue with beaches and parks, there has been several studies done that have said outdoor transmission is so low it’s negligible, there’s been rule breakers throughout this whole thing but in the large majority the people I see are adhering to the rules, it’s mostly the younger generation that aren’t listening, people must use common sense, we can’t lock everyone up until the virus disappears, that could never happen.

The thread starter knows it’s a stupid question so why people need to tell them I don’t know, it’s hypothetical, if it were at your own risk would you go? And I would, only 30 people under 40 with no underlying health issues have died from the virus and so being fit and healthy I would take the risk, however I totally understand many thousands wouldn’t.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
At 58 and reading about the second wave in Brighton & Hove it's a no from me.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
There is no issue with beaches and parks, there has been several studies done that have said outdoor transmission is so low it’s negligible, there’s been rule breakers throughout this whole thing but in the large majority the people I see are adhering to the rules, it’s mostly the younger generation that aren’t listening, people must use common sense, we can’t lock everyone up until the virus disappears, that could never happen.

The thread starter knows it’s a stupid question so why people need to tell them I don’t know, it’s hypothetical, if it were at your own risk would you go? And I would, only 30 people under 40 with no underlying health issues have died from the virus and so being fit and healthy I would take the risk, however I totally understand many thousands wouldn’t.

You should know by now a hypothetical question can’t be asked on here without it being taken literally!!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yeah because I heard transmission rate at the beach is out of control :thud:

I would go because I’m healthy and I’m my twenties, different for everyone but I would.

I really wanted to call you a selfish ****, but I have used up all my expletives for Dominic Cummings, the head selfish ****! You may be healthy, but are the people you come into contact with.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I really wanted to call you a selfish ****, but I have used up all my expletives for Dominic Cummings, the head selfish ****!

Charming. I guess 45% this poll is filled with whatever expletive you’re insinuating :lolol:

It’s personal preference and circumstance isn’t it, honestly I’m past fearing the virus given the damage it’s doing to every other aspect of society and healthcare.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No - but not really to do with being happy to accept the risk or not.

Not due to any fear, but that the atmosphere would just be too odd. It wouldn’t be enjoyable. People would be looking around all paranoid, anyone shouting would be glared at. It would be a horrible atmosphere.
So just like the ESU on a normal match day then :lolol:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Charming. I guess 45% this poll is filled with whatever expletive you’re suggesting.

Yep!

Makes you realise how many selfish people there are... you replied before I edited my initial post to add, it’s not about you, but about who you come into contact with?

That’s where the I’m alright Jack attitude falls down, or are you like one of those drivers who says I’ve never had an accident in my life, but doesn’t notice the trail of destruction in their rear view mirror?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yep!

Makes you realise how many selfish people there are... you replied before I edited my initial post to add, it’s not about you, but about who you come into contact with?

That’s where the I’m alright Jack attitude falls down, or are you like one of those drivers who says I’ve never had an accident in my life, but doesn’t notice the trail of destruction in their rear view mirror?

I haven’t seen any of my vulnerable relatives since the start of March anyway so no risk spreading it to them, walk to the game walk back easy. It’s a hypothetical question which people are over analysing too much, there’s obviously more complexities if you over analyse the question but I stand by if I could go to football tomorrow, I would.

Plus it would be fine anyway judging by poll results we’d have a 15000 attendance so social distancing would be possible :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No. But more because I'd be concerned at the risks of getting there on the train than at the actual game itself.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yep!

I understand your angst and although I am not in as difficult position as your family I am also now considered 'vulnerable' and unfortunately I think the onus is on us. Yes, these people are potentially putting our well being at risk but I think it's up to us to ensure we take all the precautions ourselves. Life has to get back to some normality for the many but not everyone.

I can't see me going to football for a considerable period of time (vaccine or virus eradicated) but I can understand why others will wish to and should be able to

In saying all of that there are some completely selfish fukka's about who don't give a toss, but that's a different argument completely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here