Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we were playing at home on Saturday and fans could attend...

Would you go and see us play this Saturday if you could?

• Yes - happy to accept the risk

Votes: 96 40.5%
  • No - unhappy with the risk

Votes: 141 59.5%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Feck me, the yes vote is winning! :ohmy:

I know it's all hypothetical, but Wtf is wrong with people!

Probably all off to the beach on Sunday after the game as well.

Early voters were youngsters. Now the NSC majority +50s demographic is voicing its, er, voice.

I agree with whoever it was that said 'stupid thread' btw. :shrug:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The poll results thus far suggests a lot of Albion fans are not very clever or in the slightest bit risk averse. . . .or are joshing for a laugh. . . . which is highly likely.

Maybe when one person you know dies every week for three weeks on the trot, you might start thinking ?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
The poll results thus far suggests a lot of Albion fans are not very clever or in the slightest bit risk averse. . . .or are joshing for a laugh. . . . which is highly likely.

Maybe when one person you know dies every week for three weeks on the trot, you might start thinking ?

Thats true. And if it has happened to you or someone you know then it must change your outlook on almost everything. However, with around 40k out of 67 million losing their lives to date it would be an awful freak of the law of averages if it happened.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Bizarre some would risk it...

Presumably this attitude also carries over into their general feelings about lockdown. It is ironic that they are actually the biggest risk to the likelihood of football resuming because people are relaxing too soon. There are currently 8000 cases a day in England alone which is far in excess of the 1000 predicted on 23rd April for mid May. Confusing Government messaging and selfish people are combining to deadly effect.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
NO
I didn't go to Wolves because it involved a coach journey, although I had tickets.
I was sceptical about Arsenal and think I would have stayed at home. At the time my excuse, and very seriously said, was that I'm an old man and didn't want to die.
It will be a long time before I go back.
And for those asking why people say Yes, go to Brighton seafront. Groups of friends together who walk past you only inches away and take up all the pavement.

This.

I went shopping this morning for the first time in a month. The social distancing outside the posh food outlet was OK (but why shop in pairs - it doubles the time to do the shop?). But inside, even with restricted numbers of people the social distancing displine has gone compared with last time I shopped there. People flying all over the place whilly nilly, encroaching on each others' space. And I wasn't the oldest in there. The mixed messages have had their effect for sure.

I'm not as old as you but I'm going nowhere footy wise while we have so many new cases - and yet paradoxically so liitle testing. The John Hopkins page now shows some interesting data on this that I'll post on the numbers thread (don't want to get told off again today for thread bombing, even though this post doesn't include any music links :facepalm:)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I am deeply suspicious of some of the reporting of this. And still don’t understand how it’s ok for football games to be played, people to work on building sites, Dominic Cummings, Swinging Professor Ferguson etc. Yet we are still being driven by fear of interaction.

It almost feels like we’re being indoctrinated.

I wouldn’t go though. Mainly because my partner is an NHS nurse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Thats true. And if it has happened to you or someone you know then it must change your outlook on almost everything. However, with around 40k out of 67 million losing their lives to date it would be an awful freak of the law of averages if it happened.

:lolol: Brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here