Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
ECB have announced today that first class cricket will not return until at least 1st August, moved from 1st July. This on the same day the EPL announces 17 June restart.
One game is full contact and impossible to social distance, the other is non-contact and it is possible to stay 2m apart with some small tweaks, it makes no sense.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Strange decision. As has been said by some of the players, County games often played with no fans present.

Assume the TV money not driving it in the same way as football.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
ECB have announced today that first class cricket will not return until at least 1st August, moved from 1st July. This on the same day the EPL announces 17 June restart.
One game is full contact and impossible to social distance, the other is non-contact and it is possible to stay 2m apart with some small tweaks, it makes no sense.

Money..

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
£££££££

Football clubs can afford the testing costs and to adapt training grounds etc to meet the strict protocols. Cricket clubs cant.

As pointed out on the other threads when many poo-pood the idea that they wouldnt get PL back. Money talks!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's a shame, if anything I feel like I'm missing cricket more than football.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Feel sorry for the county pro’s who haven’t been chosen for the England/ECB training squad announced today and will be left kicking their heels for another 8 weeks or so.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Odd l will agree, but ruled by two completely different groups of people, who obviously look at things very differently.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
All a bit odd.

As a sport, cricket is in a far better position to observe social distancing than football. Cricket is a financially poor sport compared to football both for clubs and players.

Football is returning purely because of the greed of the EPL and the clubs.

It was announced yesterday that the WI tour was going ahead with their squad arriving on 8 June. But if they can't play until 1 August I can't really see the point of them coming. The BCD Tests were scheduled to be played in July.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
All a bit odd.

As a sport, cricket is in a far better position to observe social distancing than football. Cricket is a financially poor sport compared to football both for clubs and players.

Football is returning purely because of the greed of the EPL and the clubs.

It was announced yesterday that the WI tour was going ahead with their squad arriving on 8 June. But if they can't play until 1 August I can't really see the point of them coming. The BCD Tests were scheduled to be played in July.

Spot on,was hoping to get to the Derbyshire v Sussex game last weekend. No chance as you say not only is it better at S/D on the field of play and county cricket rarely get decent crowds and the clubs are desperate for money.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Jofra gets in on the act; Foakes miscues a pull to be caught at mid-on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here