Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What's your favourite 'all-in-one-day' film?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
There a few flashbacks in Airplane, so it's not quite one day

A pedant writes ... If it's set over two nights then, by definition, it's not in a single day (the question was all in one day, not all in 24 hours)

Oi - Pedant! What's happening about the 4th Ashes Test at Old Trafford? We need a Selectors Meeting! :lolol:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Any love for Run Lola Run?

I've not seen it for years, but is it the film set over the shortest period of time?

It’s a great film and I think it takes place over about twenty minutes, so could well be. Obviously it plays tricks as we see what appear to be multidimensional variants.

I believe Die Hard 2 takes place over an hour.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Clerks

Clue (can't believe it's taken me this long to think of this, it's one of my all time favourites).
Murder by Death

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Based on a true story involving a bank heist commited to subsidise his lover's gender reassignment surgery.."Dog Day Afternoon"

MV5BMzljMjBhODItYTYyYi00NzMwLTkyZDQtNjQ4MWU0MzhmNDU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MjU0Ng@@._V1_UY1200_CR85.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assume, despite being set over just a few hours, Teeny Tiny Tom isn't tucked up in bed at 23:59.

MV5BMjE3NjM5OTMxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTIzMTQyMw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

So although well within 24 hours, it's just not the same 24.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Before_Sunrise_poster.jpg

Before Sunrise - Richard Linklater, takes place over the course of an afternoon/evening/morning. Ignore the awful picture, it's not *that* slushy.

QI: the sequel, set 9 years later, was filmed 9 years later. And the third film, set 9 years later, was filmed 9 years after that.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Before Sunrise - Richard Linklater, takes place over the course of an afternoon/evening/morning. Ignore the awful picture, it's not *that* slushy.

QI: the sequel, set 9 years later, was filmed 9 years later. And the third film, set 9 years later, was filmed 9 years after that.

Though rereading through this thread, my favourite (because it blew me away, surpassed every possible expectation I had) is Tangerine, by the "American Ken Loach" Sean Baker, he of Oscar-nommed The Florida Project masterpiece. An afternoon, evening and night with two transgender sex workers (yes I know). But it's brilliant.

Tangerine_(film)_POSTER.jpg

Just had to say.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The Swimmer

(Trying to remember if there are any flashbacks)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here