Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gut feeling - Albion saying up or going down?

Gut feeling staying up or going down?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Assuming the season completes what is your gut feeling about our prospects?

There is obviously a fence option for those that don’t have a gut feeling!

I am less confident than I was before lockdown and fear we will be going down, I have no logical reason and I am desperately hoping I’m wrong

I love Potterball and hope we stick by him however the season ends. The future is very bright regardless imo.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
As a pessimist I think we’ll be going down in a series of shit, soulless, crowdless games.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pessimist before lockdown, we couldn’t buy a win, we were THE annual PL team gradually sinking for months.

Now a fence sitter, Potter, the staff and players can only get better at actually chiselling out wins, imho.

Any type of win, followed by another, will be so huge to our prospects.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
‘Kin ‘ell, from the results so far I didn’t realise there were so many as negative as me :down:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
While we have an unbelievably tough run, BUT neutral venues could work in our favour against the likes of Southampton, Norwich and Burnley. Souless empty stadiums may also suit us more against the show-boat boys of Arsenal, ManUtd, City and Liverpool (who may have it all wrapped up and our game is completely meaningless to them). I think we might be okay. We weren't on a good run going into the lockdown, but there is still a good belief in the side and although only draws, we showed real grit against Wolves, Sheff Utd, Watford and West Ham.

I'm going with staying up, just, as we do have points on the board.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Staying up - just.

We have a points and GD advantage. However we also face a tough run-in. A great test of Potter's and the players' motivation.

This is a golden opportunity for the existing bottom 3 to reset and go again, forget about their previous form, have injured players return and maybe harvest points from teams whose heads are already on the beach. However, I also suspect that one team in the bottom 6 will fall off a cliff. Hopefully not us!

Certainly it will be surreal with games played behind closed doors.

This all assumes that an outbreak of CV-19 doesn't ruin the show...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Going down and completely avoidable, even in this last tranche of games.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If we complete the season we stay up my only concern with how our fixtures fall if we may slip into the bottom 3 at some point and it will be just our luck that is the point it gets voided!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Staying up.

2 points already in the bag over our rivals, with a better GD.

Empty stadiums could well help certain players - I've a feeling Alireza and maybe March will thrive, and it's got to be easier for Mac Allister to settle in without the groans of the crowd.

I think the Albion will get the magic 40, and that will be enough.

The Gods of Football know that a team which hasn't been in the relegation zone for 29 games under normal rules, shouldn't be relegated due to 9 games under different regs.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fixtures:

Arsenal
Leicester
ManU
Norwich
Liverpool
ManC
Southampton
Newcastle
Burnley

I think we’ll lose against the big clubs, where they visit the Amex they’ll face no home crowd intensity .... home wins in the Bundesliga have fallen from 44% pre lockdown to 14%, albeit on a tiny sample.

Norwich and the last three fixtures are where we can get those wins. Draws will not be enough, a club that can’t win in the final 4.5 months of a season deserve to go down.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here