Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Changes at the AMEX

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

What changes do you expect to see at the AMEX when it finally opens its turnstiles?

Handwashing facilities has always been majorly inadequate for the men, for example,

A capacity of 6000 maybe?

Has the club done any customer feedback on what would make the customer feel safe? and should they?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It could be that the regulations will start off with a low maximum threshold for crowd levels.

So, I expect initially, once 3-5000 capacity events are allowed, then it will be just be 1901 members spread around the stadium.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i expect the cost of opening with significantly reduced capacity, and the moon like atmosphere making it rather pointless, means clubs will not bother to open until allowed to open fully.

D

Deleted member 2719

It could be that the regulations will start off with a low maximum threshold for crowd levels.

So, I expect initially, once 3-5000 capacity events are allowed, then it will be just be 1901 members spread around the stadium.

We could have the 1901 gang tearing up the terraces surely!

I estimating 1 in every 4 seats maybe? On a rota?

Not sure how they will get around getting access to your seat, rip out a few rows if it's safe?

No mask no entry?

No drinks and food being served in the ground?

D

Deleted member 2719

i expect the cost of opening with significantly reduced capacity, and the moon like atmosphere making it rather pointless, means clubs will not bother to open until allowed to open fully.

Perhaps it should just be singers only then!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Matchday trains will be a real challenge. Would expect to see much more strictly controlled queue management around the station - either that or no trains at all on matchdays to begin with

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I expect the club will dump the giving of a free shirt on a child's 7th birthday :whistle:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

With 22000 ST holders still paying full price ??

I don’t pay for 2 season tickets to enter a raffle to see if u can attend and be seated away from the wife.

I can foresee serious arguments about ticket allocation and the club having to fork out massive refunds as it can’t provide the service that’s paid for.

I know the club needs income but I would have suspended ST direct debits or just pay a £20 per seat holding fee.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With 22000 ST holders still paying full price ??

I don’t pay for 2 season tickets to enter a raffle to see if u can attend and be seated away from the wife.

I can foresee serious arguments about ticket allocation and the club having to fork out massive refunds as it can’t provide the service that’s paid for.

I know the club needs income but I would have suspended ST direct debits or just pay a £20 per seat holding fee.

No, of course not. If the ground isn't open to someone they'd get a refund for the game.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
I think ultimately the distancing guidelines of 2m will be reduced to 1m and soon people will be able to extend their social bubbles to beyond people in their own household, at that point there is no reason why all people in the same social bubble can't sit together and less space needed between seats, plus with it being an outdoor setting this carries less risk than an indoor concert for example. I imagine they will have to close off every other row so that half of the capacity immediately out of action then something like 60-70% capacity in those rows utilised so maximum approx 10k. It will be a logistical nightmare, I don't envy how they will plan getting people in and out and around the concourses although our concourses are much more spacious than say Old Trafford or Anfield. They may also have to take into account peoples proximity to the stadium with preference for people as close as possible who can walk or cycle and not overload public transport and anyone outside of a certain radius excluded completely.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I think this will be the case.

We’ll see lots of Albion branded face masks & hand sanitising stations but little else. Social distancing will be ‘1m if you can’ - ‘wear a mask if you can’t’ - ‘stay alert’.

I’m hoping to be back at the Amex prior to Christmas if things go exceptionally well.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I expect the club will dump the giving of a free shirt on a child's 7th birthday :whistle:

I don't think the club would stoop that low surely...? Certainly not to such loyal supporters as the OP.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Winning a game?

D

Deleted member 2719

Wearing masks?

We have some very vocal fans!

This is the problem with football forums they twist things, similar to the media!

For the record for the last time, it was the customer service that was the issue and then the way the club dealt with it and no care or apology to how one of there long-serving customers was dealt with, not the Free shirt, I have more than enough money. I have always said its principles and mine are high, I get it some people have none.
It's just the way I was bought up and what I believe in, call it my religion.

Now back on topic will they be sticking a thermometer up yer bum???

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I think this will be the case.

We’ll see lots of Albion branded face masks & hand sanitising stations but little else. Social distancing will be ‘1m if you can’ - ‘wear a mask if you can’t’ - ‘stay alert’.

I’m hoping to be back at the Amex prior to Christmas if things go exceptionally well.

And Albion branded Hazmat suits. If everybody wore one then we could get 30,000 back in the ground in June!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here