Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Articles on Cummings

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This just about sums it up for me:

In Cummings’ mind, clever people break the rules. The rest of us follow them
Alan Finlayson

What planet are they on? It’s a good question, one we might ask of any government at any time. But it feels particularly appropriate for Dominic Cummings and the government he advises, which seems to think the rules it makes for the rest of us don’t apply to its members. The chief aide’s recent decision to flout the lockdown is a case in point: he exists on a different planet to ours, where he abides by a different set of rules.

MORE >>> https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/27/dominic-cummings-data

Last edited by a moderator:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He should be sacked for just being crap at his job let alone his blatant rule breaking.

Wow wow wow, hold your horses there fella.

Let's not add competence into people's job description, some of us still have mortgages to pay.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Check out the big brain on Dom. He's WAY too special to be bothered with the concerns of the likes of us, the little people, AKA anybody who isn't Big Brain Dom

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps he is mentioned in the big Russian Interference "Article" which appears to have been forgotten ?

:shrug:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This BBC documentary on Cummings is very revealing and just a little bit scary. The fact that nobody seems to have the balls to stand up to him, including our beloved PM, I found somewhat disconcerting.

Soz - link doesn't appear to work.

Taking Control: The Dominic Cummings Story

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Saw an interesting interview on Twitter the other day with a historian. His assertion was that the government reaction this time round was similar to the reaction in World War 2. They were convinced that people would ignore all rules because they assume all people are like them. Turns out that most people are good which is why we had the famous "Spirit of the Blitz" and why most people stuck to the rules for the first 2 months. That is why people are so annoyed with this rule flouting and, more pertinently, the ridiculous stories concocted to match the known facts. I would laugh if my 5 year old nephew came out with this excuse - not one of the most powerful men in the country.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Check out the big brain on Dom. He's WAY too special to be bothered with the concerns of the likes of us, the little people, AKA anybody who isn't Big Brain Dom

He has come a long way since selling frying pans in the 80s.

0cdce5acecc6746a001251bb7200e791.jpg

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Now that you mention it, his head does look as though an enormous brain is straining to escape the confines of its bone prison.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Saw an interesting interview on Twitter the other day with a historian. His assertion was that the government reaction this time round was similar to the reaction in World War 2. They were convinced that people would ignore all rules because they assume all people are like them. Turns out that most people are good which is why we had the famous "Spirit of the Blitz" and why most people stuck to the rules for the first 2 months. That is why people are so annoyed with this rule flouting and, more pertinently, the ridiculous stories concocted to match the known facts. I would laugh if my 5 year old nephew came out with this excuse - not one of the most powerful men in the country.

Indeed - they have practically admitted that we stuck to the rules far more than they thought we would, or predicted we would. This is why Boris had to relax the lockdown recently, despite the fact that he wasn't really doing so on many aspects, just encouraging us to 'get back to work as you should have been doing anyway under the current guidelines'. And one of the medical chaps said that they had built in a level of 'disobedience' into the modelling, which didn't then happen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This BBC documentary on Cummings is very revealing and just a little bit scary. The fact that nobody seems to have the balls to stand up to him, including our beloved PM, I found somewhat disconcerting.

Soz - link doesn't appear to work.

Taking Control: The Dominic Cummings Story

In the film Brexit an uncivil war, he comes across as a clever obnoxious arrogant antisocial dick.

Pretty accurate I would say.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Indeed - they have practically admitted that we stuck to the rules far more than they thought we would, or predicted we would. This is why Boris had to relax the lockdown recently, despite the fact that he wasn't really doing so on many aspects, just encouraging us to 'get back to work as you should have been doing anyway under the current guidelines'. And one of the medical chaps said that they had built in a level of 'disobedience' into the modelling, which didn't then happen.

so, they hoped the expected disobedience would allow the herd immunity project to continue in a way that they could just blame the public for...and now the lockdown has to be released early [arguably, as many scientists are fearing] to get the herd immunity [errr...I mean economy] moving again.
OK, cynical I know - and I know it's complicated and difficult, and I know the economy is suffering, but it'll suffer even more if there's a second spike, and the government have been so opaque, so 'opposite of transparent', that I wouldn't trust them to look after a pet hamster at the moment.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
We are told that politicians who live in the Westminster bubble believe that the whole thing will soon blow over and be totally forgotten, as a week is a long time in politics and we have short memories. They may well find out that we, the electorate, have long memories come the next election.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Whilst I completely agree with the sentiments expressed here about Dominic Cummings, it’s not really one rule for the Government and one for the rest of us. There has been lots of flouting of lockdown rules and even now people are ignoring social distancing on beaches etc. The problem is the wishy washy messaging from the Government that allows people to do what they want.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We are told that politicians who live in the Westminster bubble believe that the whole thing will soon blow over and be totally forgotten, as a week is a long time in politics and we have short memories. They may well find out that we, the electorate, have long memories come the next election.

Sadly, I think you will be disappointed. Diane Abbot will mess up her numbers or drink another canned cocktail on the tube and people will revert to type.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some absolute dimbot on another thread compared Cummings with the sorry telly bird who lamped her boyfriend the couldn't cope with the fallout and killed herself. Lecturing us to be kinder.

FFS. Comparing the nation's leading psychopath with an unstable TV presenter...as if that means we should 'move on'?

Extraordinary. I'd call him a bit of a prat but, better not, in case he tops himself. How low will the apologists for this disgrace stoop I wonder? :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here