Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] PMQ 03/06/20 [was 27/05/20] - Official Match Thread

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Strange, I thought you wanted the country to come together rather than encouraging division.

Is this the right time to be trying to score political points?

To be a bit more specific, come together if we're coming together about the narrow minded views held by that particular poster. If they believe in it, we all should and we all should fall nicely in line and not question the stream of nonsense we are fed.

D

Deleted member 2719

Not nearly as worth the wait til this afternoon's Commons Liaison Committee meeting which will lay bare the full extent of BJ's mediocrity for all the world to see. Again. Promises to be not so much a car crash as a demolition derby :lol:
Well lets hope they are constructive and not destructive.

There are many countries that will have made mistakes, but I think we all know the biggest error, having no provisions in place for a pandemic which can not be laid on any one persons shoulders, decades of 'it will never happen'.

To be fair it didn't.

Who wanted to stock pile billions of pounds of ppe and ventilators 'just incase'?

Didn't they do well making sure every patient that needed a ventilated bed got one?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No PMQ today - tho equally cracking should be BJ's appearance before the Liaison Committee of senior MPs. Watch Live on BBC Parliament from 4pm today - preferably from behind the couch

Perhaps the thread title can be updated to reflect today’s match up above?

Looking forward to watching the scumbag squirm.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well lets hope they are constructive and not destructive.

There are many countries that will have made mistakes, but I think we all know the biggest error, having no provisions in place for a pandemic which can not be laid on any one persons shoulders, decades of 'it will never happen'.

To be fair it didn't.

Who wanted to stock pile billions of pounds of ppe and ventilators 'just incase'?

Didn't they do well making sure every patient that needed a ventilated bed got one?

You make some good points. And of course everything's easy in hindsight. Tho much of the good results thus far during this global pandemic are despite hmgov rather than because of them. Slow to react, shockingly, near criminally, lacking in common sense. Key workers and the community have played a blinder. Lions led by donkeys and their highly selective use of science tho eh? The mere fact that 20 minutes of today's pretty short meeting has to be devoted to BJ's chief advisor's abuse of the rules tells you just about all you need to know. Why's he even still in a job?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Perhaps the thread title can be updated to reflect today’s match up above?

Looking forward to watching the scumbag squirm.

And a bit less embarrassing for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] :wink:

*edit* (I am, of course, referring to the first line of your post)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Professor Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer in 2016 said exactly this that we needed more ventilators and PPE after Exercise Cygnus.

I’m assuming you were asking a genuine question.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Professor Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer in 2016 said exactly this that we needed more ventilators and PPE after Exercise Cygnus.

I’m assuming you were asking a genuine question.

I think he was trying to deflect away from his beloved Tories and trying to pin somehing on that nasty labour party. Those scallywags!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Saw an excerpt from a private speech from the current Chief Medical Officer from about Feb/March where he was pretty candid in telling an audience of his peers that, when this is over, he and those he advises will either be criticised for having too much capacity or too little capacity. He also said in the same speech that he'd already prepared his line of defence in advance for each of those accusations. Bloke basically admitting he was on a hiding to nothing from the politicians

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Johnson already laying the foundations to wriggle out of the next liaison committee, which is the last before summer recess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here