Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Wish park cafe - Hove

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I know it probably seems petty to many but I was really irritated when I went to buy a drink at the Wish Park cafe Today . They have a big wide terraced area in front of the cafe. Yes they have taken away the chairs but all they have done is write on paper and stuck done with sellotape a 2 metre warning which you can barely read as it’s so small.

With a tiny bit of effort and a very small outlay they could have had a few half decent large laminated signs and sectioned that area off so that people have to form a proper queue .

When I politely mentioned to the woman in charge whose the owner , she simply said it seems to be working ok as it is. Clueless about social distancing.

Yes I know it not a big business but a little bit of effort would make everyone feel a lot safer . It’s just laziness in my opinion .

Rant over .

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
You should tell the Argus, I'm sure it would be front page. No, tell The Sun and make sure your picture is ripe for Photoshop.

It's up to folk to sort out their own social distancing really. Common sense and all that.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think there should be more onus on the cafe to take some responsibility. Most I have seen , have very clear signs and markings .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You should tell the Argus, I'm sure it would be front page. No, tell The Sun and make sure your picture is ripe for Photoshop.

It's up to folk to sort out their own social distancing really. Common sense and all that.

Hmmm leave it to good old Joe Public to sort it out though, and by and large they don't, not if queuing outside my local supermarket is anything to go by anyway.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
That’s kinda my point . If the cafe had made some type of effort in the way many other cafes have done For social distancing & Queuing it wouldn’t have been a free for all. Really irritating that the cafe owner shrugs off responsibility.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If you're not happy with the cafe, don't go again. If you're worried about people not social distancing, don't go somewhere small where distancing is difficult if not practically impossible. Or, deliberately put yourself in positions which can generate a good moan. The choice is yours.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I know the choice is mine . This is the first time I’ve been to wish park cafe since lockdown , I won’t be going back unless they sort it out .

That doesn’t preclude me from sharing my bad experience with others does it !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know the choice is mine . This is the first time I’ve been to wish park cafe since lockdown , I won’t be going back unless they sort it out .

That doesn’t preclude me from sharing my bad experience with others does it !

bulldog-premier-digging-spade.jpg

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Anyone that needs a sign to tell them about social distancing nowadays isn't going to pay any attention to a sign anyway. Waste of time.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Buying a dog thread may interest you ( latest posts )

I've been listening to our Glenn on Talksport!
I made a big mistake on this thread by not putting a :moo: at the end. I will now have a gander at the dog thread which looks like it might end in tears!

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If you leave the public to their own devices they'll be hurling turds at each other and beating their chests in a menacing manner.

I do think blatantly obvious signs and markings are the way forward at the moment. People don't like to think these days, which is why McDonalds have to put 'careful - this hot drink is hot' or such like on the side of their coffee cups....

Mild support for the OP, but I'd have kicked up more of a stink on the spot personally, rather than retreat to a forum for a good old British moan.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I know it probably seems petty to many but I was really irritated when I went to buy a drink at the Wish Park cafe Today . They have a big wide terraced area in front of the cafe. Yes they have taken away the chairs but all they have done is write on paper and stuck done with sellotape a 2 metre warning which you can barely read as it’s so small.

With a tiny bit of effort and a very small outlay they could have had a few half decent large laminated signs and sectioned that area off so that people have to form a proper queue .

When I politely mentioned to the woman in charge whose the owner , she simply said it seems to be working ok as it is. Clueless about social distancing.

Yes I know it not a big business but a little bit of effort would make everyone feel a lot safer . It’s just laziness in my opinion .

Rant over .

Have you thought about the cost To the café It's money they probably have not got at the moment .
Like others have said you can always go somewhere else But if it's a café you normally use Your not very loyal are you

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here