Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Cumgate

What will the effects of Cumgate be?

• Total voters

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think politically it will cause minimal long-term damage to the Conservative Party. Once this dies down, they'll spin like **** the argument that they did a great job dealing with the outbreak, and will probably get away with it. By the time we have another election, the focus will be on how well or badly their Brexit approach has gone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
option "more people flouting rules" feels like a trick answer. the rules have changed, so behaviour will change.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think politically it will cause minimal long-term damage to the Conservative Party. Once this dies down, they'll spin like **** the argument that they did a great job dealing with the outbreak, and will probably get away with it. By the time we have another election, the focus will be on how well or badly their Brexit approach has gone.

Until the (possible) second wave. If it happens, nobody will forget this last few days.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Until the (possible) second wave. If it happens, nobody will forget this last few days.

I hope you're right in the case that there is a second wave (which obviously I desperately hope there is not).

To be fair I think the last few days have actually given me a new-found optimism about the British public and mainstream print media and their ability to actually scrutinise and criticise this Conservative government. I had very much feared we had reached the point of Trump in the US, where in the eyes of his base and supporters in the media he can literally do no wrong.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What do you think the future effects will be from Cumgate now it looks likely the special advisor does not lose his job and it gets swept under the carpet?

Pointless Poll since they are all negative or positive answers depending on your point of view. An effective poll has just a weeny bit of balance. I'll help you with the one you missed:

( X) Don't give a toss. It's all over apart from a bit of sh1t stirring by the media and the opposition.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Pointless Poll since they are all negative or positive answers depending on your point of view. An effective poll has just a weeny bit of balance. I'll help you with the one you missed:

( X) Don't give a toss. It's all over apart from a bit of sh1t stirring by the media and the opposition.
Hello Dominic.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020

Many thanks Super Steve.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Of course, you'd be happy to tell the hundreds of families who have lost loved ones who it turns out they could've seen that they had actually been stupid for sticking to the rules, that it's all over and you don't give a toss about them? Yeah, didn't think so.

Now do you get a smidgen of an idea why it just might not be ****ing over by a long, long chalk?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Super T W A T

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course, you'd be happy to tell the hundreds of families who have lost loved ones who it turns out they could've seen that they had actually been stupid for sticking to the rules, that it's all over and you don't give a toss about them? Yeah, didn't think so.

Now do you get a smidgen of an idea why it just might not be ****ing over by a long, long chalk?
No he doesn't. He thinks he's happy to be helping ......................... :facepalm:

Super T W A T
Most succinct, Sir!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I hope you're right in the case that there is a second wave (which obviously I desperately hope there is not).

To be fair I think the last few days have actually given me a new-found optimism about the British public and mainstream print media and their ability to actually scrutinise and criticise this Conservative government. I had very much feared we had reached the point of Trump in the US, where in the eyes of his base and supporters in the media he can literally do no wrong.

Personally I think this is on a knife-edge at the moment.

The success of his Brexit campaign has given Cummings and his ilk, a belief that traditional journalism is dead and buried.
They may well have a point. Social media and control of the various echo chambers that exist i it, has far more impact on public opinion than mainstream media.

Interesting times.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Wheres the option None of above

I think for a long time public have had some mistrust of politicians
From what I see more and more people have been ignoring social distancing for some time
Cant really be thinking because he went to Durham will be more deaths
Another 4yrs to go why would he resign. Many out there appreciative of what has been done to help them financially.
Makes no difference about advice from Science and medical experts
I dont know about economy but people desperate to see if they have a job
Public have always given special advisors hard time ie Campbell and Mandleson
Makes no difference. Depends on how next 4 years go and if they can get economy back on track

This is all over the top. A senior Politician will do something stupid in future and media, public and NSC will be ready to start again

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Another 4yrs to go why would he resign. Many out there appreciative of what has been done to help them financially.
Makes no difference about advice from Science and medical experts
I dont know about economy but people desperate to see if they have a job

I'm really, really looking forward to you explaining further about these particular bits.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The beginning of the end for Johnson.

No one will want the job just yet, but it is only a matter of time once the virus has passed until the likes of Javid and Hunt - who are out of the firing line on how Covid-19 has been handled - make their move.

Johnson's support will whither away at the first serious grab for power.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here