Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ron Wood RIP

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Relevant as this is a football forum, Ron Wood has sadly passed away at the age of 94, and was Worthing Football Club's oldest living player, looked on line and he actually had his club testimonial game on Boxing Day 1953, Worthing vs Wigmore Athetic.

Another part of a bygone era of the beautiful game.

RIP Ron.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did anyone else open this thinking that there may be a story of a rock god dying whilst doing drink and drugs with his latest 23 year wife

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Did anyone else open this thinking that there may be a story of a rock god dying whilst doing drink and drugs with his latest 23 year wife

yes, yes I did, although I don't think Ron Wood will go in a proper John Entwhistle style

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
yes, yes I did, although I don't think Ron Wood will go in a proper John Entwhistle style

Entwistle although pissed off in the last few moments obviously..... really is the Bench mark for pop star drugs death headlines .. and he went well into his 60s so bloody well done.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Entwistle although pissed off in the last few moments obviously..... really is the Bench mark for pop star drugs death headlines .. and he went well into his 60s so bloody well done.

Indeed, it’s hard to believe that other than Brian Jones the Stones are all still here. Wouldn’t have bet on that in 1969

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Indeed, it’s hard to believe that other than Brian Jones the Stones are all still here. Wouldn’t have bet on that in 1969

I’ve bet they’ve had fun. Even though Mick can glad it all up I still reckon I’d share a pint with him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ve bet they’ve had fun. Even though Mick can glad it all up I still reckon I’d share a pint with him.

I think Keith would be far more entertaining and nowhere near as far up his own arse :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mick has always been careful with his indulgences so I gather. In fact, he's apparently a sort of cross between Bruce Forsyth and Cliff Richard.

Not very impressed with this thread - egregious and silly clickbait. Preface with 'Worthing football legend or something' or it will get derailed by old musos in an instance, FFS. I always liked the wrinkly guitarist, especially in his Faces days. Live forever, Mr Wood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtqF0qBqzZo

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My heart sank when I saw this stupid click bait title. When did you turn into a prat Harty?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I like him chatting about his artwork. I’ve no idea if he is any good but his passion is there. That’s the main thing..... passion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

When did Jones die then ? But it was his band.....GUYS !!!!!!!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
My heart sank when I saw this stupid click bait title. When did you turn into a prat Harty?

I haven’t , I thought the other one was Ronnie Wood, if you check tomorrow’s Worthing Herald, unfortunately Ron Wood has died, he played a big part in Sussex football, and was arguably one of the greatest players to ever pull on a Worthing shirt.

I’ve known him for many years, and in these times when football has effectively become morally bankrupt he represented everything that was good about the beautiful game.

I think you need to look at the bigger picture papajaff.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Mick has always been careful with his indulgences so I gather. In fact, he's apparently a sort of cross between Bruce Forsyth and Cliff Richard.

Not very impressed with this thread - egregious and silly clickbait. Preface with 'Worthing football legend or something' or it will get derailed by old musos in an instance, FFS. I always liked the wrinkly guitarist, especially in his Faces days. Live forever, Mr Wood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtqF0qBqzZo

On the other hand a tune I can give you a thumbs up for!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Click bait headline indeed... that was a nasty shock this time of the morning, followed by a sense of relief that it was not The Ron Wood. Can’t someone amend the title?
Anyway, condolences to the family of the deceased Ron Wood..let’s not forget that someone has died.
RIP to him.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Click bait headline indeed... that was a nasty shock this time of the morning, followed by a sense of relief that it was not The Ron Wood. Can’t someone amend the title?
Anyway, condolences to the family of the deceased Ron Wood..let’s not forget that someone has died.
RIP to him.

Not click bait at all, see my previous response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here