Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hayfever in the Covid Era

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
A few things to share

I get intermittent hayfever, triggered by certain pollen types bu aggravated by pollution. I only take a tablet if I feel symptoms and largely this helps. This year, staying away from the cities and the generally low pollution levels have greatly eased things for me, however.

I must remember to not rub my eyes, when I start feeling symptoms and or take a tablet every day. This is okay when I am working from home and unlikely to run into anyone infected, but a real problem if I have to get out and about a lot more.

I have a mask on order. It is more of a motorcycle type mask that you can wear around your neck and pull up over your mouth and nose. A few random sneezes on a train or in a shop or office, will not be at all popular with anyone in the vicinity. Hayfever unlike a cold can switch on and off quite quickly, which can easily catch you unawares. I am not after personal PPE, just something washable and to stop other people worrying I might infect them

I didn't have any hayfever at all until about 15 years ago. One day I was sitting on a train travelling up to London and somewhere around Mid-Sussex, my nose just started streaming. Somewhere between Gatwick and East Croydon it stopped and I thought nothing more about it. After two or three days of the pattern repeating, I finally realised it was not a random thing and made sure I had tissues handy. My symptoms developed from there, as did working out that Cetirizine Hydrochloride works for me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I get on and off hayfever.

This year I haven't had it too badly, but I've hated sneezing incase anyone around thinks it is a Covid-sneeze.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I get on and off hayfever.

This year I haven't had it too badly, but I've hated sneezing incase anyone around thinks it is a Covid-sneeze.

It’s like trying to not cough during the supermarket run...I take a drink with me just in case I get the urge...daft by me probably..but u just think people will turn and stare :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here