Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Amazon Problem - Little Help Por Favor?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would get on Live Chat ASAP. Once you have someone stuff is recorded and when I have contacted them this way, things have generally been resolved and you can easily do this whilst keeping an eye on NSC.

If this keeps happening as you say, then this has scam written all over it. Someone could be trying to build a reputational link between a fake individual and your property. Far easier to explain this to an Amazon chatbot now , than a couple of debt collector heavies with a court order in 6 months time.

Cheers, tho an Amazon chatbot is just that - a chatbot. Due to corona etc. the option of being passed from a chatbot to a human is not operational, and the chatbox isn't built to do anything other than answer the dumbest of queries

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Enjoy the sun sir, beautiful day here in Hangleton.
For when you return...

Email cs-reply@amazon.co.uk

Telephone 0800 4961081 (Direct)
Switchboard 0207 084 7911
Website https://www.amazon.co.uk

Postal Address 1 Principal Place, Worship Street, London, EC2A 2FAM

Cheers mate, excellent time in the sun thanks. And much appreciated that you managed to dig out the email address and direct number for customer services. I'll dash them off an email then at least if I save that it's a record that I did my best to do the decent thing. Then whether Amazon follow up on it is up to them. Will also try that phone number on the off chance I can get through to a human and see if they reckon it's somebody trying a scam on me

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Cheers mate, excellent time in the sun thanks. And much appreciated that you managed to dig out the email address and direct number for customer services. I'll dash them off an email then at least if I save that it's a record that I did my best to do the decent thing. Then whether Amazon follow up on it is up to them. Will also try that phone number on the off chance I can get through to a human and see if they reckon it's somebody trying a scam on me

Anyone else with trouble contacting a company try the CEOEmail website. Google CEO Email and the name of the company and find their listing in the search results. It's an excellent site for complaining as they try to collate the actual email addresses of the heads of most big companies. But always has loads of info for customer service, complaints, PR, etc teams' contact details too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Good call! That's exactly what it is. Second package arrived this morning. Out of curiosity I opened them both. One contained an ancient USB connector, the other contained a dozen cheapo unbranded mousemats. That's classic brushing scam right there! Have changed my Amazon password and will check my card accounts. And paging [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] and his unsolicited $2 chinese watch. Might like to do likewise? Cheers all

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good call! That's exactly what it is. Second package arrived this morning. Out of curiosity I opened them both. One contained an ancient USB connector, the other contained a dozen cheapo unbranded mousemats. That's classic brushing scam right there! Have changed my Amazon password and will check my card accounts. And paging [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] and his unsolicited $2 chinese watch. Might like to do likewise? Cheers all

Have you informed the police as well?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have you informed the police as well?

Not really appropriate I'd have thought. One for Amazon - or it would be if they currently had any way of a human customer being able to speak to a human customer service rep - or at worst one for the credit card company

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Not sure I understand why it would be a matter for the police.

What fraudulent act has taken place? It’s not illegal to send someone goods if you have no intention of charging for them.

The scam is to try and improve the sellers ratings. I’m not sure that can be considered illegal - not a loft different than fake postings on a site such as Trip Adviser

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure I understand why it would be a matter for the police.

What fraudulent act has taken place? It’s not illegal to send someone goods if you have no intention of charging for them.

The scam is to try and improve the sellers ratings. I’m not sure that can be considered illegal - not a loft different than fake postings on a site such as Trip Adviser

Have to say that was my initial reaction also...

Me: I'd like to report a crime please Officer

Officer: Could I have the details please sir?

Me: Somebody in Asia keeps sending me free stuff

Officer: Do you make a HABIT of wasting police time sir? ???

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not really appropriate I'd have thought. One for Amazon - or it would be if they currently had any way of a human customer being able to speak to a human customer service rep - or at worst one for the credit card company

You should be screaming for a policeman.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My shop is underneath a student block. We'd get endless parcels for them, always refusing to sign, but the driver wasn't interested and just squiggled a name. Most students would come and collect but we got stuck with a couple. Opened them and both were cheap wifi routers of absolute no value to me. So annoyed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've started getting some lovely things recently.

Some cheap T Shirts that would grace the premium section of the Crystal Palace club shop catalogue and some very old chilli seeds.

I may grow them but am concerned they originate from Elephant Kok Tong Village.

I like growing chillies but only have a small garden.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here