Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Amazon Problem - Little Help Por Favor?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NSC sees all, knows all. Or does it? ???

Got an Amazon problem. Some numpty seems to have set up their Amazon account with my address instead of their own. So their parcels arrive at my address instead of their own. Usually they're fairly big parcels that I can intercept and send the courier on their way cos the address is right but the name is wrong. They do this on a daily loop til I eventually grab the parcel, scrawl DOES NOT LIVE AT THIS ADDRESS and send the courier on their way with it. Then I never see it again. Hurrah.

This time tho, it was a small package so the courier must have just slipped it through the door and ran off. So I'm lumbered with it. Any ideas? Amazon Customer appears to consist solely of a worse than useless bot, phone option suspended and email option nowhere to be seen.

Little help por favor? Ta.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Funnily enough, those were my very first thoughts - til I realised they know where I live :dunce:

If it's small... Post it back in a post box.

Amazon will soon take action when they are paying 'normal' return mail fees rather than what they agree with their own couriers.

If that doesn't get their attention, write them a letter (with no stamp) and keep doing it until they actually take action.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm not understanding the benefit of getting stuff sent to the wrong address unless you are doing something dodgy?

I say keep it (and everything else) until they get fed up of buying stuff and it not being delivered and they correct their address. If they turn up and ask for them you can hand it over. If you've heard nothing in a week or so keep it. Anything decent that you don't want bung on eBay.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not understanding the benefit of getting stuff sent to the wrong address unless you are doing something dodgy?

I say keep it (and everything else) until they get fed up of buying stuff and it not being delivered and they correct their address. If they turn up and ask for them you can hand it over. If you've heard nothing in a week or so keep it. Anything decent that you don't want bung on eBay.

My inclination for now is just to sling it in a corner and forget about it. I guess at some point Amazon will either reinstall some form of human-based customer service or I'll get some form of scrawled communication from the numpty. Probably only lives about 3 doors away, tho may as well live in Barnard Castle for all I know or care

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
My inclination for now is just to sling it in a corner and forget about it. I guess at some point Amazon will either reinstall some form of human-based customer service or I'll get some form of scrawled communication from the numpty. Probably only lives about 3 doors away, tho may as well live in Barnard Castle for all I know or care

Oh... The old 'I was just testing my eyesight when I filled in the form' excuse.

Seriously though, I recall there used to be some legislation about 'unsolicited gifts' that runs along the lines of... If you make all reasonable attempts to get them to take it back and/or stop, then you are entitled to keep the item. Worth a Google to see if it still applies.

You should check just in case it's something nice inside. :lolol:

Ask for a Returns Label, keep the email as proof you have taken action, enjoy the contents of the parcel.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I’d just put it to one side. If no one claims it in, say, 30 days, it’s yours.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh... The old 'I was just testing my eyesight when I filled in the form' excuse.

Seriously though, I recall there used to be some legislation about 'unsolicited gifts' that runs along the lines of... If you make all reasonable attempts to get them to take it back and/or stop, then you are entitled to keep the item. Worth a Google to see if it still applies.

You should check just in case it's something nice inside. :lolol:

Ask for a Returns Label, keep the email as proof you have taken action, enjoy the contents of the parcel.

Easier said than done. Looks like you can request a Returns Label for one of your own orders (once you've logged into your account) but not for somebody else's order. And amazon seem incredibly coy about giving out their customer service email, tho there seems to be a whole load of middlemen who reckon they'll pass your enquiry on. Yeah, right. Anyways, that's enough of that for one day, off out to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts. Cheers all for help and suggestions :thumbsup:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
NSC sees all, knows all. Or does it? ???

Got an Amazon problem. Some numpty seems to have set up their Amazon account with my address instead of their own. So their parcels arrive at my address instead of their own. Usually they're fairly big parcels that I can intercept and send the courier on their way cos the address is right but the name is wrong. They do this on a daily loop til I eventually grab the parcel, scrawl DOES NOT LIVE AT THIS ADDRESS and send the courier on their way with it. Then I never see it again. Hurrah.

This time tho, it was a small package so the courier must have just slipped it through the door and ran off. So I'm lumbered with it. Any ideas? Amazon Customer appears to consist solely of a worse than useless bot, phone option suspended and email option nowhere to be seen.

Little help por favor? Ta.

Um .. if it's usually big parcels on a daily basis perhaps they are moving in :lolol:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Easier said than done. Looks like you can request a Returns Label for one of your own orders (once you've logged into your account) but not for somebody else's order. And amazon seem incredibly coy about giving out their customer service email, tho there seems to be a whole load of middlemen who reckon they'll pass your enquiry on. Yeah, right. Anyways, that's enough of that for one day, off out to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts. Cheers all for help and suggestions :thumbsup:

Enjoy the sun sir, beautiful day here in Hangleton.
For when you return...

Email cs-reply@amazon.co.uk

Telephone 0800 4961081 (Direct)
Switchboard 0207 084 7911
Website https://www.amazon.co.uk

Postal Address 1 Principal Place, Worship Street, London, EC2A 2FAM

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
There will, undoubtedly, be some for of Facebook page for your locality. Post on there 'does anyone know xxxxxx xxxxxxxx as i have a parcel delivered in their name to my address' and you'll get to the right person in the end. Then tell them to change their Amazon delivery address when they come to pick it up.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
We had a coffee grinder delivered a couple of weeks ago that we’d never ordered but had our address on the label with a different name.

Contacted Amazon via live chat and they thanked me for “my honesty” and told me to keep it. Shame it was only worth about £30 and we didn’t really need it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Funnily enough, those were my very first thoughts - til I realised they know where I live :dunce:

If it's just shoved through your letterbox its non traceable . . .could have gone anywhere

I ordered £1500 worth of car parts a few years back . . . . left on my doorstep in broad daylight, driver signed for it himself. I should have contacted supplier and said I never got it just to teach them a lesson! (Company are like tesco in the old car world and screw all the little guys!)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I would get on Live Chat ASAP. Once you have someone stuff is recorded and when I have contacted them this way, things have generally been resolved and you can easily do this whilst keeping an eye on NSC.

If this keeps happening as you say, then this has scam written all over it. Someone could be trying to build a reputational link between a fake individual and your property. Far easier to explain this to an Amazon chatbot now , than a couple of debt collector heavies with a court order in 6 months time.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Open it and keep it. You did not sign for it so no proof that you have it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here