Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Next full summer break for players will be 2025?!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Whilst we are experiencing a break in football action at the moment, this may well be followed by a stream of continuous action for years to come!

Looking forward at what is planned-

-Prem re-start some time in June through to end of July. Remaining FA Cup games as well fitted in somewhere.

-UEFA CL and EL games in August.

-20/21 Prem season starting early Sept 2020?

-Summer 2021- Euros 11 June - 11 July. Olympics 23 July - 8 August.

-21/22 Prem season starting August 2021.

-22/23 Prem season will need to start early to accommodate a shutdown for the Qatar World Cup 21 Nov - 18 Dec.

And the 22/23 Prem season may also end late as a result of that.

-Then 23/24 Prem season followed by Euro 2024 (Germany) and 2024 Olympics (Paris).

So the next full summer break / pre-season for players will be.... summer 2025?! :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I doubt there will be any EL/CL aside for possibly finishing this season somehow. Euro 2020 (sic) next summer would also shock me if it would actually happen. And I also doubt the next season will be played without lengthy corona breaks, but that remains to be seen I guess.

The World Cup in Catarrh should be cancelled for like 50 reasons so that will probably played though.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I am hoping that there will be a significant knock on effect that will put the corrupt Qatar WC2022 in doubt. I would love for them to spunk billions on a tournament that might not take place, I fear however that the virus will have passed by then and it will still go ahead.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Whilst we are experiencing a break in football action at the moment, this may well be followed by a stream of continuous action for years to come!

Looking forward at what is planned-

-Prem re-start some time in June through to end of July. Remaining FA Cup games as well fitted in somewhere.

-UEFA CL and EL games in August.

-20/21 Prem season starting early Sept 2020?

-Summer 2021- Euros 11 June - 11 July. Olympics 23 July - 8 August.

-21/22 Prem season starting August 2021.

-22/23 Prem season will need to start early to accommodate a shutdown for the Qatar World Cup 21 Nov - 18 Dec.

And the 22/23 Prem season may also end late as a result of that.

-Then 23/24 Prem season followed by Euro 2024 (Germany) and 2024 Olympics (Paris).

So the next full summer break / pre-season for players will be.... summer 2025?! :lolol:

I think that will only apply to a tiny minority of players, most aren't involved in Prem or CL, EL or world cups or Euros.

Most will be having summers as usual.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
This is why I'd say we should just end this season now on PPG and put a genuine plan in motion to restart the season in August as per usual with all the logistics fully in place to make it work. I understand the "but we will owe millions" bit but we're going to owe millions even if this season finishes, apparently. If we finish this season late and cause a knockon to next season we're financially murdering ourselves to have two seasons of major financial blows as opposed to just the one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here