Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stockdale let go..

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
As said above, no proof, just a random opinion/observation from afar. But we all saw the rolled down window on deadline day and the "he's a terrific player" quotes. It was just in an era where managers tended to keep quiet on transfers and let people behind the scenes do the work. Pretty sure Bournemouth, Southampton, Portsmouth and QPR all struggled with expenditure after he'd left to varying extents.

It was a random throwaway comment about a massive football personality, wasn't expecting such a staunch defence of him to be launched on a BHA messageboard!

Bournemouth? That's like blaming Alan Mullery for the sale of the goldstone, B/muff got into financial difficulties way after HR left, when he presided over them getting into Div 1 for the first time in their history.

Southampton were already in the mire before he arrived, had been badly run for years and the decline continued way after he left with various managers presiding over further relegtions down to L1.

Portsmouth? He got them promoted to the PL after years of mediocrity, gave Portsmouth a brilliant few years culminating in a FA cup final win. Yes he spent money, but what manager would say 'no it's ok I don't want to' when the owners offer the chance to spend big money? Didn't hear David O Leary tuning down the chance to at Leeds for example.

QPR again under owners who wanted to splash money around.

Mate nothing against you in my staunch defence of HR, I just find it baffling that in the main NSC has decided they don't like 'Arry' it's it's driven by pure snobbery.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yep good luck to the bloke, great ambassador for the club while he was here and this move is pretty much back home for him.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Second best thing involving Massive he’s done.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here