Oberursel, Germany

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure why this is even news.

Stockdale did a fairly good interview with The Athletic and basically said the club only wanted to offer him 2 years + he knew they were singing Maty Ryan. His daughters GCSEs were coming up and Birmingham offered him a 3 year deal which offered some certainty so he took that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Stockdale did a fairly good interview with The Athletic and basically said the club only wanted to offer him 2 years + he knew they were singing Maty Ryan. His daughters GCSEs were coming up and Birmingham offered him a 3 year deal which offered some certainty so he took that.

This (again !)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It wasn’t that, the club wanted to let him go in summer 17.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A long way from the best goalkeeper in the league, (or even in the Championship), but a good influence in the dressing room, and seemingly a nice guy. An integral part of our 2016/17 promotion squad too.

I hope he finds another club, in what are very difficult times.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Oh and the lure of playing for Harold I’m a celebrity

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A long way from the best goalkeeper in the league, (or even in the Championship), but a good influence in the dressing room, and seemingly a nice guy. An integral part of our 2016/17 promotion squad too.

I hope he finds another club, in what are very difficult times.

Always remembered by me for the way he helped others in the aftermath of the Shoreham plane crash and that double penalty save against massive ..that was a cracking night

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah a hero of the promotion season.
Will be fondly remembered by me.

Hope he got a good deal from Harry and doesn't need to worry about money.
It will be difficult for him to pick up a decent deal now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Always remembered by me for the way he helped others in the aftermath of the Shoreham plane crash and that double penalty save against massive ..that was a cracking night

That game against Massive was my best ever game at the Amex l think, double penalty save, two great goals, three sendings off, it had everything really, true Roy of the Rovers stuff. It saw Knocky at his absolute best too.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Yeah a hero of the promotion season.
Will be fondly remembered by me.

Hope he got a good deal from Harry and doesn't need to worry about money.
It will be difficult for him to pick up a decent deal now.

I remember reading that he got 40K per week. If true, he would have earned about £6M in the three years since he left us.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'll always remember him for two things,

1. The incredible double penalty save against Wednesday,
2. Letting Grealish's tame effort in and costing us the title.

He could be both brilliant and infuriating, but I liked him.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He helped get Albion to the promised land. He made a family decision that set him up for life financially, probably in the knowledge that he suffers from Neville Southall's appetite. I hope he does what he wants with his life, be that football or something else. After all, we often forget that whilst football might be our dream job, for some it's just a job. He was part of the Albion dream and I wish him health and happiness.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
That game against Massive was my best ever game at the Amex l think, double penalty save, two great goals, three sendings off, it had everything really, true Roy of the Rovers stuff. It saw Knocky at his absolute best too.

Will never forget that, the double save was the turning point I really didnt think we were going to lose after that. Knocky with his dander up and the Amex making up for one less man.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Top man and top player for us. Also, don't blame him for us not winning the title, I put that down to Baldock missing an open goal.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'll always remember him for two things,

1. The incredible double penalty save against Wednesday,
2. Letting Grealish's tame effort in and costing us the title.

He could be both brilliant and infuriating, but I liked him.

I will always remember him coming into my pub after his beloved Leeds were turned over by Sutton in the Cup. An absolute gent.

I wish him all the best.

What do footballers do with all their money? if it was drink or drugs they would be dead so assume most of them gamble, otherwise he should have earned enough already to retire

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here