Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] And the award for idiot of the day goes to....

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Why would they all probably be foreign? And do foreigners not understand how gravity works. And can they not understand the warning signs which all use internationally recognisable pictograms?

Saw a group of Japanese students sitting on the edge dangling their feet a few years ago. Made me go queasy looking at it. Also when I was in Canada 2yrs ago done a trip to Lake Louise beautiful place, there were signs all around advising to stay of the ice, this seemed to be like a challenge to the Japanese tourists whom went out onto the ice to get a daredevil selfie. The rangers were going nuts

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Sweaty palm stuff that. Although I must confess once to standing close to the edge and looking over. That said, I was a grown adult who could make their own decisions.

The Argus reporting a 400ft drop. It's about 100ft.

Falling is easy, its the last 1/2 inch that hurt!.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Saw a group of Japanese students sitting on the edge dangling their feet a few years ago. Made me go queasy looking at it. Also when I was in Canada 2yrs ago done a trip to Lake Louise beautiful place, there were signs all around advising to stay of the ice, this seemed to be like a challenge to the Japanese tourists whom went out onto the ice to get a daredevil selfie. The rangers were going nuts

Quite understand, but there aren’t any foreigners on holiday just now are there?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
There is a very simple solution to his logic and it can only be that he was the builder who built that little wall and he KNEW just how secure the footings are that he put in!

Scrub that - he's a failed Darwin contestant ...

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'm struggling to comprehend with that photo of all the people at that lido , is there actually any social distancing in England at all now ?

Our beaches remain deserted apart from the few locals , it's a bit disconcerting seeing that many people in one place again .

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm struggling to comprehend with that photo of all the people at that lido , is there actually any social distancing in England at all now ?

Our beaches remain deserted apart from the few locals , it's a bit disconcerting seeing that many people in one place again .

One of the things I've always liked about Shoreham is it's not a seaside town, because of the river . . . . well, it wasn't until this weekend . . . .walked the dog yesterday and there are hundreds of people crossing the foootbridge and on the beach . . . . . Shoreham is more populated than its ever been but I didn't recognize anyone, and I've lived there over 40 years. where did they all come from ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
One of the things I've always liked about Shoreham is it's not a seaside town, because of the river . . . . well, it wasn't until this weekend . . . .walked the dog yesterday and there are hundreds of people crossing the foootbridge and on the beach . . . . . Shoreham is more populated than its ever been but I didn't recognize anyone, and I've lived there over 40 years. where did they all come from ?

Durham ?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The guy right on the edge has obviously got a death wish as one slip & he’s dead. The woman with the two young children close to the edge should be ashamed of herself , yes she is holding their hands but if either child pulled away they would be very close to the edge . Utter stupidity of the highest order . I think the woman with the young children should be attempted to be traced as it’s debatable whether she should be allowed to look after children presumably hers if this is how nutty she behaves when with them. Rant over ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here