Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] And the award for idiot of the day goes to....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
To be fair, most, if not all of them are probably foreign, so like Swansman, probably aren’t as aware of the dangers as we are.

Still, to go on the edge like that is a bloody stupid thing to do though, but there are people who do things like that all over the world and record it, a lot of them die :ffsparr:

Why would they all probably be foreign? And do foreigners not understand how gravity works. And can they not understand the warning signs which all use internationally recognisable pictograms?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
[MENTION=27032]Mr Bridger[/MENTION], have you got a chainsaw you could end him?

End him!! He’s alright.

Is it wrong to look up “ you’ve been framed” for an easy £250 ???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why would they all probably be foreign? And do foreigners not understand how gravity works. And can they not understand the warning signs which all use internationally recognisable pictograms?

In a lot of countries we dont have chalk cliffs that just randomly collapse. If I go and look over the edge at a cliff in Gothenburg, theres close to zero danger as long as I dont **** up and fall over. Sure theres a minimal chance that would happen but theres a minimal chance a piece of space trash lands in my head once I walk out the door as well. Cant just Fritzl everyone just because theres a risk to anything.

If I knew about the chalk cliffs and how they act (which I learned from this thread) I would not have done the same thing over there though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You would NEVER get me within 10 yards of that cliff edge.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
How is she endagering them any more than if they were walking next to a road? They are kids, not lemmings, they are very unliklely going to jump off the cliff randomly.

You don't have kids, do you?
Having children was once described to me as like having a heart attack.......every day of your life.......and haemorrhoids.
Ok, not all lemmings jump off cliffs and not all kids are stupid all the time

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You don't have kids, do you?
Having children was once described to me as like having a heart attack.......every day of your life.......and haemorrhoids.
Ok, not all lemmings jump off cliffs and not all kids are stupid all the time

No I dont but I imagine what you are saying is correct. I would be worried all the time. I would grant them - by todays standards - extreme freedom though, as I value freedom over safety. But sure, it wouldnt be easy on my head and heart!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Think you went too soon with this award. Still over 6 hours left but I still don't think anyone will beat that bloke who went for a drive with his family to make sure he was safe to drive.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s not a one in a trillion shot from a rockfall, instead antics on the cliff edge can give rise to a tragedy.

DEB94262-BCCA-403C-99F8-3EF0C4FCC273.png

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
In a lot of countries we dont have chalk cliffs that just randomly collapse. If I go and look over the edge at a cliff in Gothenburg, theres close to zero danger as long as I dont **** up and fall over. Sure theres a minimal chance that would happen but theres a minimal chance a piece of space trash lands in my head once I walk out the door as well. Cant just Fritzl everyone just because theres a risk to anything.

If I knew about the chalk cliffs and how they act (which I learned from this thread) I would not have done the same thing over there though.

Sweden has chalk cliffs on the island of Ven. Be aware.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And the award for idiot of the day goes to....

.....probably some bloke who's thinking, "That went well, job done. I'm in the clear now".

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You are Dominic Cummings and I claim the prize.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here