[Technology] Space X launch, Sat 30 May 20:22 BST

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This is very exciting, the Dragon looks incredible inside, nothing like the shuttle!! Fingers crossed for weather window.
It looks awesome - daft as it may sound, it looks like what I imagine a spaceship should look like.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
There’s a Ninja in there with them!!

b5a77f9d68710138e8dc2cd5ebf068e1.jpg

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Wow I’ve just fathomed then that I might see the rocket, any idea how long after lift off?

15-20 mins after take off travelling West to east.....might be low in the sky estimating 2150......be early not to miss it

Look west just to the Right of the moon at 2120 the ISS will go over ( might not be dark enough for a good view ) but the SpaceX will follow the same path.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Watching live NASA feed via YouTube but might pop out to see if we can see it overhead.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
So excited for this, really hope the weather holds! Very jealous I'm not in the UK to see it overhead in the night sky

Was at Cape Canaveral for a SpaceX launch a few years ago and was definitely the coolest thing I've ever seen

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
So excited for this, really hope the weather holds! Very jealous I'm not in the UK to see it overhead in the night sky

Was at Cape Canaveral for a SpaceX launch a few years ago and was definitely the coolest thing I've ever seen

I saw a shuttle launch many many years ago ( probably 25) the sound and ground rumbling was incredible. As I was RAF at the time we got inside Cape Caneveral to a military only viewing area.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I saw a shuttle launch many many years ago ( probably 25) the sound and ground rumbling was incredible. As I was RAF at the time we got inside Cape Caneveral to a military only viewing area.

Oh ya, the rumbling was crazy. That's very cool - we were just on the viewing balcony which seemed so far away but the noise was still very intense

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
15-20 mins after take off travelling West to east.....might be low in the sky estimating 2150......be early not to miss it

Look west just to the Right of the moon at 2120 the ISS will go over ( might not be dark enough for a good view ) but the SpaceX will follow the same path.

Very bright ISS pass due at 22.57 too....................

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
One hour to go if the weather plays ball.

If not, there are potential launch windows on both Saturday and Sunday.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They're currently predicting that the weather will be clear by 2120, ahead of the scheduled launch at 2133 so we might be OK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here