Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How do you know Uncle in a position to look after a child. I repeat if my wife and I had symptoms my first thought would be to get our child to familiar surroundings where it can be looked after 24hrs a day in case we get full blown virus.Sod rules in these circumstances I wouldnt care if this was one or two hundred miles. May not admit it but am sure most on here would do the same, As a matter of interest I voted labour

If what Cummings says is true, his wife had symptoms, he’d tested positive, they had no other childcare options in one of the largest cities in the world, they were worried the child would have been in danger, why did both parents drive to Durham?
Wouldn’t Junior have been safer if Cummings who was asymptomatic at the time,had driven him on his own to his sisters, and then returned home to self isolate.
But then, he wouldn’t have been able to have a family holiday during lockdown.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I would so loved to have seen my elderly parents (both 80+) during this shit. But I didn't because (1) it would be stupid and risk their lives and (2) I was told not to, and have hardly left the house in 10 weeks. To hear that my efforts and millions and millions of others counts for shit is just disgraceful, and today's CV update was a sham.Hang your head in shame Johnson

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Please don't take this personal. But I'd be interested seeing you, or anyone, start.

You see, it's my belief that this whole affair, just like all the countless one's before, will not make a jot of difference to the man. History appears to back me up on that I'm afraid.

I agree.

We can't vote him out for another four and a half years.

His front bench team (at least half of them) have been tweeting his official line.

His backbenchers (apart from 7 or 8) are silent.

He is not a stranger to telling lies and brazening it out with a smirk.

He is not a stranger to being caught out doing disgraceful things and 'moving on' ('Hang Nelson Mandela', anyone?).

He is not a stranger to persuading himself that whatever he does is right.

So, yes. It won't make a jot of difference to the man.

And if it doesn't make a difference to the electorate in the long term then, as others have said, the nation gets the government it deserves.

Therefore I think that the rest of us who fail to mobilise in the meantime should hang our heads in shame.

I will be rejoining the labour party first thing tomorrow. And I will, for the first time in my 62 years, start taking an active role in the long road to ridding the country of this deplorable **** and all his lackeys. I shall think of it as an investment in the future.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What is also shameful, is that the majority of main stream media is only getting vexed now, about one man breaking lockdown, and the fallout of an establishment lying to cover for him.

How about the msm getting more upset about the Government repeatedly lying about PPE , counting a pair of gloves as 2 pieces of protective clothing, the real number of deaths, counting tests as 2 tests, one in the nose, one from the throat,OF THE SAME PERSON, throwing a protective shield around care homes, when, in fact, they released infected patients back into care homes.

This is the real shame of both the Government, and MSM.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If what Cummings says is true, his wife had symptoms, he’d tested positive, they had no other childcare options in one of the largest cities in the world, they were worried the child would have been in danger, why did both parents drive to Durham?
Wouldn’t Junior have been safer if Cummings who was asymptomatic at the time,had driven him on his own to his sisters, and then returned home to self isolate.
But then, he wouldn’t have been able to have a family holiday during lockdown.

It is a testament to the charm of the man that some of us are still rifiling through his lies in search of a germ of truth. Mate.....don't bother.

The PM has just been called a liar by a C of E bishop. FFS.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry but that's just disingenuous; if you can defend your view then do it.
If you think that the government would support you doing what Cummings did then I think you are wrong...
Do you honestly believe that it would be seen as acceptable if you did that?

Giving an opinion doesnt mean I then have to go on and defend it.
With the difficult situation we are in there will still be movements that shouldnt be done but in my opinion can be justified. For example I have a nephew with mental issues who lives in Hastings. We worry about him at the best of times so even more now. Twice in last month I have driven to Hastings and spent an hour with him. I know I shouldnt but sorry did him a lot of good and perhaps selfishly made me feel better. My wife has done same with an aunt in Arundel. Sure everybody thinks this is not acceptable but to me I dont compare this to somebody standing next to me in supermarket or brushing against me when walking. Both could be avoided.
Role on football when hopefully politics is not an issue

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
What is also shameful, is that the majority of main stream media is only getting vexed now, about one man breaking lockdown, and the fallout of an establishment lying to cover for him.

How about the msm getting more upset about the Government repeatedly lying about PPE , counting a pair of gloves as 2 pieces of protective clothing, the real number of deaths, counting tests as 2 tests, one in the nose, one from the throat,OF THE SAME PERSON, throwing a protective shield around care homes, when, in fact, they released infected patients back into care homes.

This is the real shame of both the Government, and MSM.

Great post! Thank you!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Well that makes sense. You didn't see a problem in Dominic Cummins doing that because you've done something similar.

I wonder what the shape of the death chart would be if 70,000,000 also bent the rules?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
With the difficult situation we are in there will still be movements that shouldnt be done but in my opinion can be justified. For example I have a nephew with mental issues who lives in Hastings. We worry about him at the best of times so even more now. Twice in last month I have driven to Hastings and spent an hour with him. I know I shouldnt but sorry did him a lot of good and perhaps selfishly made me feel better. My wife has done same with an aunt in Arundel. Sure everybody thinks this is not acceptable but to me I dont compare this to somebody standing next to me in supermarket or brushing against me when walking. Both could be avoided.
Erm. .. No.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I am sorry to learn of your particular family challenges and I am more sympathetic to you than Cummings....... he is one of the architects of persuading the rest of us that your behaviour is generally 'unacceptable'
Politics will always be 'an issue'.....

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With attitude like this - good luck Labour in trying to break the former View attachment 124037northern red wall

I just looked up her twitter feed.

Man, you are a determined tory shill, aren't you? Who the **** pours over a feed like that by someone nobody has ever heard of (and which seems to be entirely harmless) and takes one tweet out of context and posts it on NSC? I'll tell you who. A Boris worshipping zealout dimbot, that's who.

You've been used. And it fools nobody. Enjoy the next four and a half years of chaos and, I mean this sincerely, I hope you personally suffer like the families of the Covid bereaved. You should be ashamed of yourself. But you won't be, because you're clearly far too gone. :shrug:

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I just looked up her twitter feed.

Man, you are a determined tory shill, aren't you? Who the **** pours over a feed like that by someone nobody has ever heard of (and which seems to be entirely harmless) and takes one tweet out of context and posts it on NSC? I'll tell you who. A Boris worshipping zealout dimbot, that's who.

You've been used. And it fools nobody. Enjoy the next four and a half years of chaos and, I mean this sincerely, I hope you personally suffer like the families of the Covid bereaved. You should be ashamed of yourself. But you won't be, because you're clearly far too ****ish. :shrug:

Ooof. Careful Harry. :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Did you do this while self-isolating because you and your wife had suspected or confirmed cases of covid?

As long as you are not meant to be self isolating, providing care to vulnerable people is one of the reasonable excuses for leaving your house. Doing so is in keeping with government advice.

If you are self-isolating due to a suspected case of covid 19, as Domic and his wife were, government advice was to stay home, not to visit other family members or second homes.

As long as neither you nor your wife had or suspected you had covid 19, the two cases are completely different. One is in keeping with advice, the other flies in the face of the advice.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
And if it doesn't make a difference to the electorate in the long term then, as others have said, the nation gets the government it deserves.

Therefore I think that the rest of us who fail to mobilise in the meantime should hang our heads in shame.

I will be rejoining the labour party first thing tomorrow. And I will, for the first time in my 62 years, start taking an active role in the long road to ridding the country of this deplorable **** and all his lackeys. I shall think of it as an investment in the future.

Well said that man. With Starmer in charge we actually have a potential leader of integrity, intelligence, and good sense. The polar opposite of BoJo and his cronies. The last few days (culminating in the press conference this afternoon) have re-energised me politically. Time to get active again!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Of course he is shit. The cartel who owns him wants him to be shit. They only pick shit candidates for you to vote for. Its part of the thing you wont ever understand (meaning you'll get new shit leaders each time, because you fail to realise what happens in the background: the problem is the system, not the leader).

They are all full of shit and they are all supposed to be. When you have 30, 40 or 50 years of oratory idiocracy, leader after leader working in the interest of the true rulers - not you or me, despite the fancy schmancy democracy bullshit - people eventually lose interest in engaging in politics, leaving it to the true rulers to do whatever the **** they want with you, your society and the world, and no one wont even bother to protest.

Boris is shit, the next one will be shit, the previous ones have been shit. Sure someone is going to say "but X really did something for the common worker", and then you take a deeper look and find that they were only disarming national aristocracy to hand over power to the transnational ones.

Its all shit and its always been. Liberal democracy is a joke, a big fat ****ing fraud that we've been brainwashed into believing is legit and the least bad option.

The solution is and always was to burn all the banks, governments, big companies, media - yes all of them - and replace it with complete anarchy.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Emailed my MP this evening with the following

hello sir,

I have watched this evening’s press conference and feel confused and angry. It seems to me that the rules that have been set out for us (for the safety of all of us) have been broken and that this has not even been acknowledged.

So correct me if I am wrong

1.At the time of the journey there was a very short list of reasons that a car journey could be made

2.It was and indeed is permissible for parents to make a decision regarding childcare if they were both symptomatic and unable to care for their child - however at that point Mr Cummins had no symptoms

3.The instruction in the case of one member of a household experiencing symptoms was for all of them to go home and self-isolate and if possible the symptomatic person should try to live in a different room to the others

To me it beggars belief that some acceptable solution could not be found locally at such a time that both parents became incapacitated ( I am not interested in knowing why this might not be the case - its none of my business )

Could you please reply to me with your proposed next steps. It is vitally important to me that MP’s and governments should act with integrity. I am also concerned that others may feel it is OK to ignore the published advice in this regard. This is not a trivial matter - I need not remind you that over 36,000 have died in the United Kingdom at this point. The number would be much higher had the majority of people acted with the same disregard of the rules.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course he is shit. The cartel who owns him wants him to be shit. They only pick shit candidates for you to vote for. Its part of the thing you wont ever understand (meaning you'll get new shit leaders each time, because you fail to realise what happens in the background: the problem is the system, not the leader).

They are all full of shit and they are all supposed to be. When you have 30, 40 or 50 years of oratory idiocracy, leader after leader working in the interest of the true rulers - not you or me, despite the fancy schmancy democracy bullshit - people eventually lose interest in engaging in politics, leaving it to the true rulers to do whatever the **** they want with you, your society and the world, and no one wont even bother to protest.

Boris is shit, the next one will be shit, the previous ones have been shit. Sure someone is going to say "but X really did something for the common worker", and then you take a deeper look and find that they were only disarming national aristocracy to hand over power to the transnational ones.

Its all shit and its always been. Liberal democracy is a joke, a big fat ****ing fraud that we've been brainwashed into believing is legit and the least bad option.

The solution is and always was to burn all the banks, governments, big companies, media - yes all of them - and replace it with complete anarchy.

Thanks for your contribution.

In this country we can join (or even form) political parties. The electoral reform society looks after elections within the major parties, and at large. We can organise, mobilise and vote.

Meanwhile...we understand politicians being economical with the truth. We understand vested interests, bias towards particular agendas. We take note.

What we deplore is dilettante coke-sniffing skirt-chasing narcissists pissing all over the political system and rising to great office, for nothing more than an ego tickle. Mentioning no names.

You are welcome to anarchy, but you may find that you won't be able to expand it beyond the pile of stinky underpants in your bedroom, or the contagion of unwashed dishes in what passes for your sink. Until you pay someone, probably some poor immigrant, to clean up your gaff. While you smoke dope. And watch Netflix.

And we think Boris has a sense of self-entitlement ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here