Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fair play to Nus Ghani who actually replied although doesn't seem to have gone public on this. All a bit mealy mouthed in that it is just "I share your concerns but Boris has made his decision" but at least it is a reply.

Thank you for your email regarding Mr Cummings. I have received a large number of emails about his behaviour, many from constituents contacting me for the first time.

As you would expect from your MP, it was important to me to hear the full explanation of what occurred before I responded to you. I have read every email and many contain heart-breaking stories of individual sacrifices made to support the national effort to tackle the pandemic. I have been particularly touched by hearing of the distress of people not able to see loved ones as they succumbed to Covid19, or to properly mourn since this is something I have experienced personally.

I also know that many of you have faced similar domestic dilemmas to Mr Cummings, some in much worse circumstances, and overwhelmingly you have adhered to the Government guidance by staying at home and isolating, often at real personal cost and sacrifice. Please accept my apologies for not personalising my response to you, this is due to the sheer quantity of emails.

Mr Cummings has now set out the actions he took and why he took them. The response from fair minded Wealden residents has been overwhelming, that his actions undermined the collective team effort to prevent the spread of the infection and keeping the R rate down. On this I am very sympathetic to your concerns and share your disappointment. As the most senior adviser in Government who, Mr Cummings has a particular responsibility to consider how his actions and behaviour will be interpreted by the entire nation. That was the case before he decided to do what he did and is the case now that his actions have become public.

I have made your concerns, your anger and condemnation and my views clear to the Government. I know from experience that it is the Prime Minister’s decision who supports and advises him in Government. And the Prime Minister has made the judgement, that balancing all the priorities of the country at this vital moment, to keep Mr Cummings.

Let me assure you that the focus of my team and I will remain, as it has been for the past few months, to provide the best support and advice we possibly can to help Wealden navigate through this challenging period. I intend to concentrate on the important work that is required to ensure we ease the lockdown measures and keep everyone safe – especially the most vulnerable. Of course, I will continue to hold the Government to account on tackling Covid19; and I will focus my energy on supporting residents and work with businesses, care homes, police, health professionals and the council to get our community back on its feet.

I have also had a copy and paste from Peter Bottomley, who manages to write a lot of paragraphs whilst saying **** all - his defence is that he's never called for anyone to be fired before, so doesn't see why he should start now, but rest assured his brow is very furrowed. Waste of space.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I have also had a copy and paste from Peter Bottomley, who manages to write a lot of paragraphs whilst saying **** all - his defence is that he's never called for anyone to be fired before, so doesn't see why he should start now, but rest assured his brow is very furrowed. Waste of space.

If you do that again, I will have to tell you not to do that again. Loads of those around, I'm afraid.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Bottomley, Like Laughton knows he has a friggin cushy number and just tows the line and does what he has to to keep his job.

contemptible, odious and hypocritical individuals

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My MP states she will only reply to constituents, needing a name and address within the email.

As many of them seem bent on sending out something like a copy and paste "Thank you for your letter. Now please go away" message penned by central office, does it really matter who they send it to?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
As many of them seem bent on sending out something like a copy and paste "Thank you for your letter. Now please go away" message penned by central office, does it really matter who they send it to?

As one MP received over a thousand emails overnight, yes it does. My reply certainly wasn't a bog stand reply which was a pleasant surprise especially from a staunch Boris supporter in the whips office.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As one MP received over a thousand emails overnight, yes it does. My reply certainly wasn't a bog stand reply which was a pleasant surprise especially from a staunch Boris supporter in the whips office.
All the more reason for them to use a quick cut and paste job from an official template then! Glad you got a decent response from yours though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Conversely, I've met a fair few academics who have brilliant knowledge of their field but are otherwise as thick as mince.

Are you looking at me? ???

:lolol:

Yoda

English & European
Bottomley, Like Laughton knows he has a friggin cushy number and just tows the line and does what he has to to keep his job.

contemptible, odious and hypocritical individuals

Not a fan of either (used to be Adur, now Worthing), but at least Laughton engages with the local area. Bottomley on the other hand, seems to spend as little time as he can in and to do with his constituency.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sometimes a family names tell a story.

My expectation is someone with a juicy bottom and a willingness to spread it for master or mistress :drool:. There are, however, other views:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bottomly

Bottomly: a person who lives in the yorkshire area who looks like a cross between a rat and an arsecrack and smells like bum with ginger hair.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Sometimes a family names tell a story.

My expectation is someone with a juicy bottom and a willingness to spread it for master or mistress :drool:. There are, however, other views:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bottomly

Bottomly: a person who lives in the yorkshire area who looks like a cross between a rat and an arsecrack and smells like bum with ginger hair.

I was another constituent who wrote to Bottomfeeder and I was underwhelmed by his response. I know this isn't a Brexit thread but there's a bit of a theme running here. There must be a whole bunch of Tory Backbenchers who have deep reservations about the general way in which the Government is proceeding on the two key issues of Brexit and Covid. A mere 40 of them had the guts to stick their heads above the parapet to signal their disapproval of Cummings (and by extension Johnson). I have pretty low expectations of the Conservatives, but you'd think (sorry, hope) that with a rock solid majority, 4 years still to run (or ruin) there might be just a few more dissenting voices coming from within.

This is an almost uniquely bungling, morally bankrupt outfit and the likes of Bottomley - Father of the House and all - are complicit.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not a fan of either (used to be Adur, now Worthing), but at least Laughton engages with the local area. Bottomley on the other hand, seems to spend as little time as he can in and to do with his constituency.

Timmys public engagements and involvements always strike me as somewhat at odds with his voting records, like he lives a double life. . .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was another constituent who wrote to Bottomfeeder and I was underwhelmed by his response. I know this isn't a Brexit thread but there's a bit of a theme running here. There must be a whole bunch of Tory Backbenchers who have deep reservations about the general way in which the Government is proceeding on the two key issues of Brexit and Covid. A mere 40 of them had the guts to stick their heads above the parapet to signal their disapproval of Cummings (and by extension Johnson). I have pretty low expectations of the Conservatives, but you'd think (sorry, hope) that with a rock solid majority, 4 years still to run (or ruin) there might be just a few more dissenting voices coming from within.

This is an almost uniquely bungling, morally bankrupt outfit and the likes of Bottomley - Father of the House and all - are complicit.

Indeed.

I have pondered the 40. Given it is the tories, and given it is very early in the political cycle, this is an extraordinarily high number. As I said at the start of a thread (could be this one) to hear Sir Roger Gale's anguish was startling.

From what we have seen of Cummings, he will already be agitating to have the sitting MP 'rebels' deselected.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here