Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
How do you know Uncle in a position to look after a child. I repeat if my wife and I had symptoms my first thought would be to get our child to familiar surroundings where it can be looked after 24hrs a day in case we get full blown virus.Sod rules in these circumstances I wouldnt care if this was one or two hundred miles. May not admit it but am sure most on here would do the same, As a matter of interest I voted labour

You seem to be missing the point....
What if everyone in a similar situation said 'sod the rules'? Would their action be acknowledged to be reasonable by the government and the law?
If it's okay for Cummings to do this, is it okay for everyone else or is he the exception to the rule (that he created)?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I’m a natural Tory voter, but after that I will never vote for them while such a hypocritical piece of shit is in charge.

Never thought I’d say this but go Keir Starmer - you’ve the country on your side to really call the government out on this. As a former DPP he’s pretty well suited.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do apologise, Just giving an opinion on what I would do but looks like I chose wrong thread to do this.

Every thread on this board is about giving an opinion. But if its utter bobbins, then be prepared to defend it.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
as an example of the damage this causing my 85 year old mother in law in sheltered accommodation phoned today saying that the residents all heard that lock down was now over and they could all go out....way to go Boris... people could die in order to protect an unelected advisor
Honestly, I hate to correct you, but people WILL die because of this hubris, it breaks my heart.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Do apologise, Just giving an opinion on what I would do but looks like I chose wrong thread to do this.

No... it's the right place to do it - and the right place to weigh up the opposing views.
I have done that with your point but wonder if you or I did what Cummings has done whether the government would agree with our 'instinct'.
They wouldn't.
You're wrong.
Next!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
With attitude like this - good luck Labour in trying to break the former View attachment 124037northern red wall

What a couple of utterly extraordinary contributions to this thread - first some half arsed nonsense about asylum seekers and now some rubbish about the Labour Party. Its perfectly acceptable to be a Tory and still find their actions on this totally indefensible if you for some reason love the party that much.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
How do you know Uncle in a position to look after a child. I repeat if my wife and I had symptoms my first thought would be to get our child to familiar surroundings where it can be looked after 24hrs a day in case we get full blown virus.Sod rules in these circumstances I wouldnt care if this was one or two hundred miles. May not admit it but am sure most on here would do the same, As a matter of interest I voted labour

But you're not running the country are you mate. In times of crisis leadership matters.

In the last couple of days we've seen a complete failure of leadership. Like you, I didn't vote Tory but I have given them my full backing as we deal with this as a nation. All that goodwill gone in a weekend.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
You seem to be missing the point....
What if everyone in a similar situation said 'sod the rules'? Would their action be acknowledged to be reasonable by the government and the law?
If it's okay for Cummings to do this, is it okay for everyone else or is he the exception to the rule (that he created)?

Sorry not missing the point and I dont say I am right. I just gave an opinion on what I would do if my wife and I had symptoms and a young child. I have learnt one thing.if you have a view that is opposite majority perhaps best to keep of this board.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I feel for you and your family that you are so isolated, so lonely, that there are no friends, neighbours or family closer to you in whom you trust enough to look after "it" in an emergency. That there is nowhere outside your home that your child feels comfortable or familiar.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Sorry not missing the point and I dont say I am right. I just gave an opinion on what I would do if my wife and I had symptoms and a young child. I have learnt one thing.if you have a view that is opposite majority perhaps best to keep of this board.

Sorry but that's just disingenuous; if you can defend your view then do it.
If you think that the government would support you doing what Cummings did then I think you are wrong...
Do you honestly believe that it would be seen as acceptable if you did that?

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Johnson:

"In every respect, (Cummings) has acted responsibly, legally, and with integrity"

giphy.gif

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Political events in this country rarely make me angry, disappointed maybe, bewildered perhaps. Gradually though the actions of this government during this crisis have made me more irate and todays blatant lying and disregard for the public make me furious. If i see anyone claiming Johnson is a great prime minister i will be sorely tempted to beat some sense in them with a list of all the all the families that spineless dickhead has betrayed by standing behind that evil little shit.

There was a time when scallywag ministers had a shred of decency. ‘On 5 June 1963, Profumo was forced to admit that he had lied to the House in March when he denied an affair with Keeler, which at that time was an unforgivable offence in British politics. Profumo resigned from office, from the House, and from the Privy Council.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was a time when scallywag ministers had a shred of decency. ‘On 5 June 1963, Profumo was forced to admit that he had lied to the House in March when he denied an affair with Keeler, which at that time was an unforgivable offence in British politics. Profumo resigned from office, from the House, and from the Privy Council.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to go that far back. Ministers have been resigning for travelling to visit 2nd homes in the last couple of weeks (this obvs does not apply to government advisors though. Obvs).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This. Think the cabinet have spectacularly misjudged public opinion on this one and fully expect it to backfire badly on all those who came out in support of Cummings this weekend.

Do they really think that everyone who *has* stayed home and stuck to the rules are going to forget this after one or two news cycles?

Not a chance. This weekend will the start of the end for Boris and his cabinet. I honestly can see this to start getting very nasty (Poll Tax nasty)

Yeh...poll tax nasty. Now that's what you call a propper riot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here