Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have been baffled by the slogan change to 'stay alert a week or so ago.

Obvious now, is it not? They knew about Cummings and changed the slogan. From 'Stay at Home'. To anything. Anything, no matter how meaningless.

That's a conspiracy, isn't it.

Stay alert, folks. Underfund the NHS. Lose lives. :(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I feel I'm at a stage in my life now where politicians rarely surprise or shock me, and I expect them to let us down sooner or later, whichever party they represent, so don't get too het up about it. But on this occasion, I am truly appalled. I think I'm a fairly bright person, but am really struggling to understand how what this ****ish idiot did was Ok, or how he can be defended by anyone. The arrogance and total contempt for ordinary people who have sacrificed so much and tried so hard to do the right thing is beyond belief. Boris will sorely regret the choices he has made today.

This.

If the nation doesn't eviscerate and defenestrate this nasty disgrace of a PM and his prancing ninny followers it will be to the shame of all of us.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
This is all so over the top. If all he did was to make decision to drive child to Durham so it could be cared for in case him and wife got virus. Sorry but if my wife and I both had symptoms and had a young child my first thought would be to get child to a close relative . In our case that would be Portsmouth. We have nobody close enough that I could ask that live nearer that would be in a position to.
Different matter if he returned to Durham from London at a later date. Is this true or just media talk.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This is all so over the top. If all he did was to make decision to drive child to Durham so it could be cared for in case him and wife got virus. Sorry but if my wife and I both had symptoms and had a young child my first thought would be to get child to a close relative . In our case that would be Portsmouth. We have nobody close enough that I could ask that live nearer that would be in a position to.
Different matter if he returned to Durham from London at a later date. Is this true or just media talk.
https://twitter.com/Tonygardner/status/1264605145666662402?s=19

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Political events in this country rarely make me angry, disappointed maybe, bewildered perhaps. Gradually though the actions of this government during this crisis have made me more irate and todays blatant lying and disregard for the public make me furious. If i see anyone claiming Johnson is a great prime minister i will be sorely tempted to beat some sense in them with a list of all the all the families that spineless dickhead has betrayed by standing behind that evil little shit.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I feel I'm at a stage in my life now where politicians rarely surprise or shock me, and I expect them to let us down sooner or later, whichever party they represent, so don't get too het up about it. But on this occasion, I am truly appalled. I think I'm a fairly bright person, but am really struggling to understand how what this ****ish idiot did was Ok, or how he can be defended by anyone. The arrogance and total contempt for ordinary people who have sacrificed so much and tried so hard to do the right thing is beyond belief. Boris will sorely regret the choices he has made today.

This. Think the cabinet have spectacularly misjudged public opinion on this one and fully expect it to backfire badly on all those who came out in support of Cummings this weekend.

Do they really think that everyone who *has* stayed home and stuck to the rules are going to forget this after one or two news cycles?

Not a chance. This weekend will the start of the end for Boris and his cabinet. I honestly can see this to start getting very nasty (Poll Tax nasty)

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

In this case the nearest close relative was the child's uncle... In London.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Here's betting he won't.

People get the Government they deserve.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Thing is, much like when the scumbags came out and said they'd miraculously reached the 100,000 testing target which was a blatant lie and refused to admit it, if they were open and honest and said that we understand why Dominic Cummings did what he did but it was a mistake, we apologise then it would at least take a bit of the heat out of this. But this charade that he hasn't gone against the official advice is so mind bendingly deceitful and patronising and a blatant insult to everyone who has been following the rules that it's hardly a surprise when virtually the entire country (apart from couple of die hards) are absolutely furious. There hasn't been this much unity on NSC for example since The Complete And Utter Shyster sent off Stephens!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

How many times has that sentence been uttered regarding his personal and professional life?

The guy has no integrity, never did, there's half a dozen women that'll tell anyone that!

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I have been baffled by the slogan change to 'stay alert a week or so ago.

Obvious now, is it not? They knew about Cummings and changed the slogan. From 'Stay at Home'. To anything. Anything, no matter how meaningless.

That's a conspiracy, isn't it.

Stay alert, folks. Underfund the NHS. Lose lives. :(

A bunch of right wingers absolutely wedded to the idea of the freedoms of the individual taking priority over the good of society, and you were surprised by the new slogan?

Really ???

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004

Maybe if you'd been someone who couldn't go to a family member's funeral because you'd followed the rules, or if your family member had died alone and you couldn't even be there to say goodbye because you'd followed the rules, then possibly you wouldn't think it so "over the top" that people are so upset that our government, who came up with those rules, now seem to turn a blind eye to their employee who didn't follow the rules.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Ah, but there's the rub, Dominic Cummings has relatives living in London. Failing that, his sister could have driven down to collect the child, meaning the pair of them wouldn't have to go out and risk passing virus to someone else.

It doesn't matter how you dress it up, or how you try to defend it, he knew what he was doing, as did his wife, as she wrote an editorial piece saying they were in London, fighting off the virus. Cummings is now being protected by the full forces of government who are now trying to protect him and defend the indefensible...

Johnson is a liar, as is Cummings, they are perfect bed-fellows!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

he's got family in london

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm glad I voted Lib Dem at the last election.

Tried giving BoJo a chance and stuck up for him with his optimism but he's a f*cking clown along with all his cronies and couldn't have done a worse job if Mister Bean was running the country.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I fully expect an announcement tomorrow by Johnson appointing a Secretary of State for the new Department - The Ministry Of Truth.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A catastrophic error of judgement by the boy Johnson. He is going to regret today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here