Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Daily Mail FIGHT!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ing-club-tone-opposition-Project-Restart.html

Don't write us off yet! Lewis Dunk leads furious Brighton players in asking club to tone down its opposition to Project Restart amid concerns it belittled their chances of Premier League survival

A group of Brighton players asked the club to tone down their outspoken opposition to Project Restart last week as they felt it belittled their chances of staying in the Premier League on merit.

Seagulls captain and hometown boy Lewis Dunk made direct representations to chairman Tony Bloom, expressing their unhappiness that Brighton — two points above the relegation zone — were being seen as the ringleaders in preventing top-flight football from returning.

It is significant that since the players’ move, chief executive Paul Barber has been more conciliatory towards the concept of the Premier League restarting, having previously complained about neutral grounds and a risk to life.​

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1672781/club-statement-on-mail-on-sunday-article

Club statement on Mail on Sunday article

The club has today called on the Mail on Sunday to correct the entirely false report written by Joe Bernstein and published in both print and online editions of today’s newspaper.

The article falsely suggests that players from the club led by Lewis Dunk made direct representations to the club’s chairman Tony Bloom concerning the club’s stance on the Premier League’s Project Restart plans. The club can confirm that no such conversations have ever taken place.

The club has written to the Mail on Sunday requesting that they remove the article from its website and print a correction in next week’s newspaper, and has referred the matter to its lawyers to consider further action.​

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ing-club-tone-opposition-Project-Restart.html

Don't write us off yet! Lewis Dunk leads furious Brighton players in asking club to tone down its opposition to Project Restart amid concerns it belittled their chances of Premier League survival

A group of Brighton players asked the club to tone down their outspoken opposition to Project Restart last week as they felt it belittled their chances of staying in the Premier League on merit.

Seagulls captain and hometown boy Lewis Dunk made direct representations to chairman Tony Bloom, expressing their unhappiness that Brighton — two points above the relegation zone — were being seen as the ringleaders in preventing top-flight football from returning.

It is significant that since the players’ move, chief executive Paul Barber has been more conciliatory towards the concept of the Premier League restarting, having previously complained about neutral grounds and a risk to life.​

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1672781/club-statement-on-mail-on-sunday-article

Club statement on Mail on Sunday article

The club has today called on the Mail on Sunday to correct the entirely false report written by Joe Bernstein and published in both print and online editions of today’s newspaper.

The article falsely suggests that players from the club led by Lewis Dunk made direct representations to the club’s chairman Tony Bloom concerning the club’s stance on the Premier League’s Project Restart plans. The club can confirm that no such conversations have ever taken place.

The club has written to the Mail on Sunday requesting that they remove the article from its website and print a correction in next week’s newspaper, and has referred the matter to its lawyers to consider further action.​

Joke of a paper..under the umbrella of journalism ...total bllx

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Absolute nonsense of an article and I look forward to retraction.

I mean just for this alone

Glenn Murray and Anthony Knockaert were among the Seagulls players who also publicly questioned whether the Premier League

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What annoys me most is, retraction or apology or not, the damage by the article is already done.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Glenn Murray and Anthony Knockaert were among the Seagulls players who also publicly questioned whether the Premier League

Strictly speaking, AK is an Albion player still.

I would love it, just love it, if all fans of the Albion boycotted the mail but alas I believe there are several, some regularly posters, that would be unable to Bash it, sorry, I mean knock it, on the head!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The same Anthony Knockaert who is playing in the Championship, on loan with a view to buy?
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] the club has tweeted the matter is in the hand of club lawyers.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What annoys me most is, retraction or apology or not, the damage by the article is already done.

Can't really see too much 'damage' coming from this.

It's a meaningless printed bogroll, disowned by various elements of the News & Current Affairs industry, which is bereft of stories and forced to fabricate its own, while peddling the government's agenda.

The Mail won't care - because this is sort of twaddle is their stock-in-trade, and the Albion - and its reputation - will be seen to be on the right side of history on this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Excellent.

The baseless reporting in the press about the Albion in last few weeks has to stop.

Fire up the litigation machine Tony, and take them to the cleaners.

They would do well to look into Alan Nixon's snide tweeting as well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

What damage would that be?

I remember the balloon incident and people were saying "oh the media is going to damage us". How could they possibly do that? Are headlines going to break the legs of the players?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

This is why the Mail is no longer considered a reliable source on wikipedia by editors

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here