Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Love Thy Neighbour?

el punal

My poor sister in law, who lives on her own, sent me this photo of her less than desirable neighbours enjoying their al fresco barbecue. Every picture tells a story as they say. :shrug:

04E68B06-245D-4E76-A880-154EB488F7E2.jpeg

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I’m guessing that’s “Junkyard Chic”. How lovely.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh Come on you’ve missed out the pot of pansies i planted

PS next doors have just broken the three figure mark for bbq’s since ‘lockdown’ ...off to get the washing in :(

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Apart from the place being a complete shithole, am I missing something? The bird in the shithole isn't doing anything wrong.

Well apart from living in a shithole.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We've live in out house 17 years and always got on really well with everyone in the street . . . . our next door neighbours ( 5 years now) are ok as a family, but he's a ****. last week he 'politely' commented about the noise my air compressor makes ( its in an acoustically insulated shed at the bottom of the garden . . .been there 15 years) he made his sarchastic comments . . .whilst on a laddder, nailing 2 speakers to the OUTSIDE wall of his new extension. Cockjuggling ****.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm confused. Where are the honkies, darkies and outraged Daily Nazi readers coz you couldn't get away with that these days?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Her garden. Her life. Not everyone can be arsed with a Garden and having it lovely.

My Dad's garden is a mess and he said that if any of the neighbors have an issue with it. Then they and Alan Titchmarsh are welcome to pop round any time and do it all up for him.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Her garden. Her life. Not everyone can be arsed with a Garden and having it lovely.

My Dad's garden is a mess and he said that if any of the neighbors have an issue with it. Then they and Alan Titchmarsh are welcome to pop round any time and do it all up for him.

Respecting your property surely? And those of your neighbourhood?

I wouldn’t want to live next door to a garden that’s a dump. And I have better things to do than spend my time tidying up someone else’s.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maybe she is doing a fat house renovation or something? Usually the case when you see a backyard like that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Respecting your property surely? And those of your neighbourhood?

I wouldn’t want to live next door to a garden that’s a dump. And I have better things to do than spend my time tidying up someone else’s.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't like living next door to it either but I don't have the right to dictate to anyone that they should spend time and resources on or in their property.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
This should be on the Gardeners' Question Time thread?
I'm guessing that the plants in the containers are Cannabis sativa?

Attachments

• Canabis2.JPG
    Canabis2.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 167

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Outside space is so precious, now more than ever. I have never been able to get my head round people who leave their own gardens just to go to rack and ruin. I only have a small-ish garden, about 20-25 yds long by 10 yds wide, and its hardly the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. But I keep it neat, tidy, mowed, borders, plants, creosoted shed, lights etc. I spend hours and hours chilling out there, especially now, often late into the evening (just bought a new patio heater), reading my books, or on NSC, or WFH, or watching sport on the laptop. There's no way I could do that if it was a shithole, I'm borderline OCD about keeping it nice. It really doesn't take much of an effort.

I appreciate the elderly or incapacitated don't have much choice sometimes. But those who are active and able really have no excuse for letting their gardens turn into overgrown junkyards - and I've seen a few of those. Its just laziness.

el punal

In answer to a lot of your comments here are a few points to clarify the situation. The next door neighbours in question, shall we say, are not exactly neighbourly. They light bonfires in the middle of the day, have set fire to my sister in law’s fence a couple of times because the flames were out of control. They have a dog that barks incessantly. When my sister in law complained the teenage son from next door started revving his motorbike INSIDE their house out of spite. They had a rat infestation in their loft with rats coming through into her house - she had to sort it out. Just a few instances of f***wittery.

And, yes, if they want their house and “garden” to be a complete shit heap that’s fine but why must their behaviour then impact on neighbours who are caring and decent, and want to live in peace?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here