Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Ryan Interview on Channel 9 News Sydney - Sights set on a bigger club ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not good enough for a top club, he has found his level imo

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Very solid premier league goalie and great for us but I feel he’s reached his level now. Can’t see a top club coming in for him.

I agree , never the same keeper when he came back from the Asia cup last January,
Not a top 6 keeper I’n my book , does not dominate his area , and to me has reached his level

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he wants to play in the Champions League he needs to move to a top team in a smaller league. But that would be fairly pointless. Say he moves to... PSV. His wage will be half of what it is now, the league is less prestigious, and sure he gets six Champions League games, but playing in the Premier League would give him eight (or arguably more) games against CL level opposition.

Moving to a top team in England, Spain or Italy wont happen because - while he is a decent PL keeper - he simply isnt good enough.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not good enough for a top club, he has found his level imo

Same here. If he got to play in the Champions League it wouldn't be for a major name.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Bang average at this level. We’d replace him easily in terms a premier league level keeper BUT he is a very popular and important member of the team, an important part of our setup so I’d be in no hurry for him to go. He’s nowhere near top 6 level though.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I can see him going to be a second choice at a top 6 club. He's good and more competent than most of the current second choices, but he's not good enough to be a regular first choice for a top side. He'd be a brilliant back up so it's a question of whether he'd rather play every game for us or rarely play for a top side.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nowt wrong with our players being ambitious - at our current level I'd hope we'd have players good enough to have CL/Top 4 clubs gong after them. Whether Maty is that good I don't know.......meanwhile, glad he's ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here