Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man U and We

el punal

It’s supposed to be Cup Final day today, so a sort of appropriate time to chuck in a quiz about us and our red rivals from that famous day back in 1983. The questions are all connections between the two clubs, so here goes :

1. Name the six Albion managers who were involved in FA Cup finals with United.

2. A former Brighton player who took part in two finals involving the Red Devils. (This is a hard one!)

3. A Welshman on United’s books who came south and became a Goldstone favourite for a eleven years.

4. A Welshman who had been on United’s books who kept going north and was not a Goldstone favourite!

5. Who was the United animal that crocked our Chris Ramsey in the 83 final.

6. Which Albion favourite was reputedly about to be signed by Man Utd for £800,000.

7. Who were the three “Busby Babes” who joined the Albion in the late 1960s.

8. Who was the Man Utd loanee striker who played for us in the “oh so close” season of 2015/16.

9. Who was the other Man Utd loanee striker who played for us - and ruined Alan Pardew’s “Dad dance”!

10. Which Albion player scored the winner by the teeniest weeniest margin in our first season in the Premier League.

There you go, best of luck, answers later! :drink:

Stumpy Tim

It’s supposed to be Cup Final day today, so a sort of appropriate time to chuck in a quiz about us and our red rivals from that famous day back in 1983. The questions are all connections between the two clubs, so here goes :

1. Name the six Albion managers who were involved in FA Cup finals with United.

2. A former Brighton player who took part in two finals involving the Red Devils. (This is a hard one!)

3. A Welshman on United’s books who came south and became a Goldstone favourite for a eleven years.

4. A Welshman who had been on United’s books who kept going north and was not a Goldstone favourite!

5. Who was the United animal that crocked our Chris Ramsey in the 83 final.

6. Which Albion favourite was reputedly about to be signed by Man Utd for £800,000.

7. Who were the three “Busby Babes” who joined the Albion in the late 1960s.

8. Who was the Man Utd loanee striker who played for us in the “oh so close” season of 2015/16.

9. Who was the other Man Utd loanee striker who played for us - and ruined Alan Pardew’s “Dad dance”!

10. Which Albion player scored the winner by the teeniest weeniest margin in our first season in the Premier League.

No. 2. Coppell? Played for Utd and managed Palace?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

1. Name the six Albion managers who were involved in FA Cup finals with United. Sexton, Hyypia, Coppell, Case, Brady can't think of the last one!

2. A former Brighton player who took part in two finals involving the Red Devils. (This is a hard one!) Eric Young?

3. A Welshman on United’s books who came south and became a Goldstone favourite for a eleven years. Peter O'Sullivan

4. A Welshman who had been on United’s books who kept going north and was not a Goldstone favourite! Mickey Thomas, the only player we have ever signed that I hated before he even put on the shirt

5. Who was the United animal that crocked our Chris Ramsey in the 83 final. Whiteside

6. Which Albion favourite was reputedly about to be signed by Man Utd for £800,000. Mark Lawrenson

7. Who were the three “Busby Babes” who joined the Albion in the late 1960s. Before my time

8. Who was the Man Utd loanee striker who played for us in the “oh so close” season of 2015/16. Wilson

9. Who was the other Man Utd loanee striker who played for us - and ruined Alan Pardew’s “Dad dance”! Was it Lingard

10. Which Albion player scored the winner by the teeniest weeniest margin in our first season in the Premier League. Gross

Have answered these before looking at other posts so will now check!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
1. Name the six Albion managers who were involved in FA Cup finals with United. Sexton, Hyypia, Coppell, Case, Brady can't think of the last one!

I've just been trying to work this one out. Sexton never managed us, so he's not right. Coppell, Case, Brady are right. Melia obviously is one. So thats 4, struggling with the other two though.

Hyypia I don't think played against United in an FA Cup Final. I've ruled out Hughton and Poyet too.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've just been trying to work this one out. Sexton never managed us, so he's not right. Coppell, Case, Brady are right. Melia obviously is one. So thats 4, struggling with the other two though.

Hyypia I don't think played against United in an FA Cup Final. I've ruled out Hughton and Poyet too.

Agree now about Sexton and I realized Hyypia was wrong. Currently kicking myself that I missed of Melia!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2) Frank Stapleton?

Edit: scrap that he played in three cup finals but only one against United

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Are we meant to guess the missing ones?

For 7 how about Bobby Smith the second, Nobby Lawton and Alex Dawson?
No 1 may include Freddie Goodwin

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010

That’s Right Dave Sexton played for us and managed Man U in the 70s but lived in Hove
His son went to Cardinal Newman

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Jimmy Case? played in 2 cup finals 76/77 and 82/83 both against United.

Frank Stapleton took part in 3 finals involving Utd so I'd rule him out as the question is looking for someone who took part in two finals.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here