Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He should resign. Actually no, he shouldn't be given the chance to resign and should be sacked.

But he won't be. Because as demonstrated by Kuenssberg above there are far too many in the press (and it's not just her but loads of others, notably in the newspapers which aren't the Guardian) who will forgive literally anything he does because they're terrified that they'll lose their "in" into No.10. So they will make the excuses and ensure this is all brushed under the carpet as quickly as possible.

Imagine if Keir Starmer had been outed as doing this. The media would be laying siege to him to resign. Yet many of those who would be leading that charge are the same obfuscating and excusing Cummings.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Waiting for an official statement from the NSC in house LeaveEU collective. Don’t see to have an opinion on this one

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Waiting for an official statement from the NSC in house LeaveEU collective. Don’t see to have an opinion on this one

Yes. Very odd. This is the one and only political thread on NSC where 5% of posters (and 50% of posts) are not behind my wall of 'ignore'. I can only assume the gammon are keeping their gobs shut because they won't know what soppy line to take till it becomes certain whether Cummings will stay or go.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Of course he wont be sacked.

But I imagine the back benchers and less than supportive ministers will be growing against him.

Quite telling the mail went in on him

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1264126356008427520[/TWEET]

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Looking through Twitter feeds this seems to be the the explanation No10 are offering.
ec3334340098e941e88006010b99551a.jpg

Of course the truth will eventually be out.
It is however much to my amusement that the Leftwaffe, democracy deniers and other assorted shills are having a full blown Tammy huff. Captain Hindsight, Wee nippy and whoever is in charge of the Illiberal Undemocrats will be making merry with this. The silent majority will not really give a fig.
Stay safe.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Looking through Twitter feeds this seems to be the the explanation No10 are offering.

It is however much to my amusement that the Leftwaffe, democracy deniers and other assorted shills are having a full blown Tammy huff. Captain Hindsight, Wee nippy and whoever is in charge of the Illiberal Undemocrats will be making merry with this. The silent majority will not really give a fig.
Stay safe.

I see, so he did go to Durham, but not to his parents' house. When I quickly read this, I assumed he hadn't gone 'up north' but somewhere nearby to his house. Once I read it again, more carefully, I got the picture! Doh!
Hmm, to say the least, not the wisest move and he will be severely criticised by many, me included. However, me thinks he will probably have enough wriggle room to survive.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Cummings breaks rules

Stay safe.

If any member of the household shows any signs of the virus then they must self-isolate. Jumping in a car a travelling to the other end of the country is not self isolating. The mans a ****.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Many of them have already come out and told us what a marvellous job Johnson was doing with his rules at the time. So if they now defend Cummings they'll be exposing that the rules they so whole-heartedly supported at the time actually weren't that good.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Stay safe.

1306304.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Big surprise there then, that No. 10 says that Cummings lockdown trip 'was essential'

These people are just utterly shameless. Tactic is always just to bluff it out til the news agenda rolls on to something fresh :rolleyes:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wow. Just wow.

This country is utterly ****ed. And they’re laughing at us. Seriously, **** this Tory government. I’ve tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but they’ve been caught completely with their pants down here and unbelievably CONTINUE to try and lie their way out of it, gaslighting everyone as they go.

Seriously, **** off.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Wow. Just wow.

This country is utterly ****ed. And they’re laughing at us. Seriously, **** this Tory government. I’ve tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but they’ve been caught completely with their pants down here and unbelievably CONTINUE to try and lie their way out of it, gaslighting everyone as they go.

Seriously, **** off.

LOL

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
If Boris took a shit on your dinner table, you would defend it. 100%. You’re that gaslit.

I genuinely feel sorry for you mate.

In what strange, perverted, unhinged world do you live in? What would a democratically elected Prime Minister be doing taking a Douglas on My dinner table?
No need to feel sorry for Me, I’m living the dream.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wow. Just wow.

Seriously, **** off.
This.

And no doubt Cummings will remain clinging on like a barnacle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here