• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Satire involves humour. In my opinion, HIGNFY has become an unwatchable spite show. No humour, so no satire.

I really do get it having enjoyed satire since I was old enough to 'get it', and certainly made no reference towards 'that bloody lefty Ian Hislop'. Those are your words only, so back at you :facepalm:

Maybe you should try the The Last Legg on Channel 4 instead...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ok - I'll give up on HIGNFY. NSC is a bloody hard audience when a comment even light touches on the left.

Perhaps safer ground is that I wonder why Alok Sharma isn't facing fevered cries for his resignation? He battered 'Stay Alert' in to submission by going in to a workplace with obvious symptoms of illness. If he was even barely awake, let alone alert, he should have stayed at home, yet instead he goes in to work with the potential if he tests positive, to have infected all the MPs who are dumb enough agree to go in, rather than listen and/or vote from home. Or do I just not get it again?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Well I still find him funny and still find HIGNFY funny....It wasnt me that said 'that bloody lefty Ian Hislop' I very much doubt Hislop is a "lefty" anyway.

Yeah, sorry. The 'lefty' retort wasn't aimed in your direction.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Ok - I'll give up on HIGNFY. NSC is a bloody hard audience when a comment even light touches on the left.

Perhaps safer ground is that I wonder why Alok Sharma isn't facing fevered cries for his resignation? He battered 'Stay Alert' in to submission by going in to a workplace with obvious symptoms of illness. If he was even barely awake, let alone alert, he should have stayed at home, yet instead he goes in to work with the potential if he tests positive, to have infected all the MPs who are dumb enough agree to go in, rather than listen and/or vote from home. Or do I just not get it again?

I'm sorry, it was me that posted the sarcastic 'bloody lefty Hislop' quip, as I thought his political views are fairly well known, and the point being it's not a right/left thing, it's simply competence/incompetence, honesty/dishonesty that was driving the criticism of the Government on HIGNFY, as it always has been, and hopefully always will be.

Anyway, I agree completely that Sharma shouldn't have been at Westminster, and it's another example of a Government unable or unwilling to follow it's own instructions. Like the MPs shouldn't have been queuing yesterday, on a 3 line whip, to try and get MPs back into a parliament that is too small for normal business, let alone in the current climate. But again, I believe this is an issue of Government incompetence rather than taking a political 'side'.

I think you get it. Unfortunately the same can't be said of the Government.

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Couldn't they have compromised and continued remote voting but they had to be on the parliamentary estate?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Westminster was an absolute hotbed of the virus in the beginning. Round here was up there too.

Parliament is a relatively unique "industry" where the workplace is London but the employees mostly live all over the country.

Closing Parliament and asking MPs to move home was undoubtedly risky and I suspect many MPs took the virus back to their constituencies.

However to ask them to move back and forth now on mass is unforgivable.

Rees Mogg is a toxic and deceitful undemocratic nasty piece of work. He has done the numbers and realised that the Government are more likely to get legislation through with the numbers down.

More than Cummings he needs to go.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here