Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He said last Monday neither had been tested, so it's almost impossible to know. All we have is her word for it, which given her recent history,,,

I'm definitely of the mind that when I am particularly ill, vomiting, temperature etc. I like to take an early evening 250 mile drive without stopping. It's like the best medicine. :moo:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's almost unbelievable, isn't it, that the PMs senior advisor AND his wife both had symptoms but never had a test.
What also worth noting is that his son had similar symptoms to his mother and tested negative.

(I wrongly assumed early that under 5s aren't tested. That isn't the case in England, only Scotland and Northern Ireland. )

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm definitely of the mind that when I am particularly ill, vomiting, temperature etc. I like to take an early evening 250 mile drive without stopping. It's like the best medicine. :moo:

He managed to do it while bedridden according to an article by his wife. So, in a nutshell, we have all been lied to and he has got away with it ! The rules don't apply to him so he is going nowhere now. As was quoted elsewhere " Man with no ideas refuses to sack man who gives him ideas "

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I recommend the FT podcast, with David Allan Green - basically highlighting how Cummings' statement is the result of a lot of legal input (and in fact is highly unlikely to have been the work of Cummings at all).

Hey, thanks for suggesting this. Yes, that's exactly what it needed, a forensic analysis from somebody whose field is forensic analysis. The contrast between Hemingway and Joyce is quite revealing.
If anyone else is under any doubt as to whether Cummings' statement is an exercise in disinformation (which is a slightly watered down version of stating that we were being lied to), invest 25 minutes of your time on this.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It just gets better for dopey Dom. How glad his parents must be that he popped up for a visit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-52911605

There's a scene in the final Harry Potter film where one of the henchmen to Draco Malfoy breaks his wand meaning every time he waves it it sets fire to everything around it. This came to mind reading this that someone who could apparently weave magic is now just burning down everything around him.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There's a scene in the final Harry Potter film where one of the henchmen to Draco Malfoy breaks his wand meaning every time he waves it it sets fire to everything around it. This came to mind reading this that someone who could apparently weave magic is now just burning down everything around him.

You DO know Harry Potter is a work of fiction?

Some lady made it up.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A ‘roof over a swimming pool’. One rule for the Cummings, another for us etc.

FFS.

Like his boss, he is obviously a chip off the old ****ish block.

And not widely reported he co-owns the property with his parents. He has also lived there full time before.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The Independent: Have I Got News For You: BBC dismisses complaints about Ian Hislop ‘absolutely lacerating’ Dominic Cummings.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-ian-hislop-bbc-complaints-bias-a9547596.html

Who are the people complaining that Cummings had a hard time on HIGNFY?

Surprise. Lefty BBC dismisses complaints about weekly TV show that bashes the Tories from start to the end credits. Used to love watching it but, regardless of my politics, half an hour of humourless Boris bashing isn't entertainment - unlike the week they agreed not to Boris bash because he was seriously ill and they returned to actually being funny.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ian Hislop is only biased against useless and/or lying politicians. If he's constantly laying into the Johnson there's a reason

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Surprise. Lefty BBC dismisses complaints about weekly TV show that bashes the Tories from start to the end credits. Used to love watching it but, regardless of my politics, half an hour of humourless Boris bashing isn't entertainment - unlike the week they agreed not to Boris bash because he was seriously ill and they returned to actually being funny.

Are you not missing the whole point of political satire ? And in Hislops defense he lays into any politician if he feels they have done anything that is worthy of ripping the piss out of them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

That bloody lefty Ian Hislop :facepalm:

You really don't get it, do you :lolol:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Are you not missing the whole point of political satire ? And in Hislops defense he lays into any politician if he feels they have done anything that is worthy of ripping the piss out of them.

That bloody lefty Ian Hislop :facepalm:

You really don't get it, do you :lolol:

Satire involves humour. In my opinion, HIGNFY has become an unwatchable spite show. No humour, so no satire.

I really do get it having enjoyed satire since I was old enough to 'get it', and certainly made no reference towards 'that bloody lefty Ian Hislop'. Those are your words only, so back at you :facepalm:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Satire involves humour. In my opinion, HIGNFY has become an unwatchable spite show. No humour, so no satire.

I really do get it having enjoyed satire since I was old enough to 'get it', and certainly made no reference towards 'that bloody lefty Ian Hislop'. Those are your words only, so back at you :facepalm:

Well I still find him funny and still find HIGNFY funny....It wasnt me that said 'that bloody lefty Ian Hislop' I very much doubt Hislop is a "lefty" anyway.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

If you want an alternative, I have some films which might result in half an hour of bishop bashing...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Fury as satirical news show targets Government.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here