Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will we, and when should we next play at the Amex in front of a full house?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Genuinely interested in what people think. Personally I forecast that we will see a match with a full attendance late Oct early Nov - worst case around Christmas.

However, assuming the next season starts early September I absolutely believe there is no reason (providing there is no second major spike) that the first match shouldn't be played in front of a crowd as usual. I'm of the opinion that the world has gone slightly mad in their forecast of never ending social distancing and, whilst there will always be a degree of risk until there is a vaccine, we really need to be getting back to normality now. I understand some may not want to take the risk but there is risk in everything we do and, as long as we can revert to behind closed doors should the virus return in force and everyone agrees that this can be done at the start of the season we should be fine.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Its not a question anyone could give an answer to is it ...right now you think...next year...but things change ..maybe earlier...all you can say is not anytime soon :shrug:
I’d rather not even think about it...i miss the experience a lot...i miss seeing and chatting to the people around me ..football is a release ...and as i cant see it ive shoved it in a little box in my mind so i can just get on with life

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
There is no way we will see a packed Amex this year.
Can you imagine thousands of supporters boarding trains and buses to reach the Holy Temple ?
I hope that I am proved wrong, but I believe it won't be until the new year before we see anything resembling a full house again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There is no way we will see a packed Amex this year.
Can you imagine thousands of supporters boarding trains and buses to reach the Holy Temple ?
I hope that I am proved wrong, but I believe it won't be until the new year before we see anything resembling a full house again.

It’s the travel to the game and the loos and concourses that’s are obviously the issue. Being in your seat in the open air won’t be much different to the pictures of Brighton Beach at the weekend.

West End theatres are currently preparing to be back this autumn but they don’t have the mass transport issue.

Nevertheless, if we reach a point where there is full on rush hour travel on public transport and cinemas et al are open then football should return as normal and travel is at the punter’s risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Pretty much impossible to say isn’t it. I personally believe this virus will mutate into something less deadly as other outbreaks tend too, at some point later this year. My opinion is September, very optimistic I know but I think the virus will burn itself out and possibly if it does come back it will be in winter.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Watching the Berlin derby, just had this thought. If other leagues go back to full crowds that’s going to increase football tourism to those games. Will probably need country by country quarantine rules but can see pressure from the PL to restart fully if other countries are picking up the overseas market and British fans are travelling abroad to get a fix

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It’s the travel to the game and the loos and concourses that’s are obviously the issue. Being in your seat in the open air won’t be much different to the pictures of Brighton Beach at the weekend.

West End theatres are currently preparing to be back this autumn but they don’t have the mass transport issue.

Nevertheless, if we reach a point where there is full on rush hour travel on public transport and cinemas et al are open then football should return as normal and travel is at the punter’s risk

Exactly this - before much longer, life on public transport will inevitably be back to close to normal and then there's no reason to keep crowds from matches. I guess we need the Germans to show us the way; if they get crowds back then all bets are off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Feb 2021.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Next year. Drove past the stadium today and it got me seriously thinking about when I would be there again - hard to plot a path from where we are now to a typical match day.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Bearing in mind I've had 2 concerts already cancelled for September, I think the chances of us being back at the Amex amongst a crowd before next year are remote.

I hope I'm wrong but think there is a real chance the entire next season will be behind closed doors (not even factoring in the possibility of a 2nd spike in the virus spreading later this year).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Around end 2020/start of 2021.

Perhaps fairest would be exactly halfway through next season - following a weeks’ winter break where they get everything prepared.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here