Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hydroxychloroquine, chloroquine and macrolides for Covid-19

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fail to work, increase death rate and cause cardiac arrhythmias."We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19. Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s very strange how the same drug seems to be causing such diversion of opinions between scientists, seen a fair few studies saying it gives an increased recovery rate then others saying it’s actually worse for the patient to take this. So many questions and so few answers as of yet.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It’s very strange how the same drug seems to be causing such diversion of opinions between scientists, seen a fair few studies saying it gives an increased recovery rate then others saying it’s actually worse for the patient to take this. So many questions and so few answers as of yet.

Ask Donald, he knows all the answers, he is positive that it's a positive drug and not negative, unless it's a result of a test, then it's a positive negative - I think!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It is standard for individual studies to show apparent benefit; only when there have been several is the picture clear. The standard method of evaluating the truth of the matter is a meta analysis where successive published trials are bundled together. The Lancet paper is a different type of assessment but it is massive, and much more credible than individual trials. I am definitely persuaded there is no benefit against Covid, and a small increased risk of an adverse outcome.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A mate who works for one of the big pharma companies sent me this today:

Drugs being examined for possible Covid 19 application:

Lopinavir/ Ritonavir
Remdesivir
Chloroquine (or hydroxychloroquine)
Duvelisib
Favipiravir
Tocilizumab
Isotretinoin
Losartan
Plitidepsin
Canakinumab
Ruxolitinib
Baricitinib
Ivermectin
Atorvastatin
Acalabrutinib
Chlorpromazine
Leflunomide
Dapagliflozin
Sarilumab
Amiodarone or Verapamil
Ramipril
Sirolimus
Imatinib
Lenalidomide
Ulinastatin
Clazakizumab

**** me. There is money to be made and some fuggers will be making it :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Lopinavir/ Ritonavir
Remdesivir
Duvelisib
Favipiravir
Tocilizumab
Isotretinoin
Losartan
Plitidepsin
Canakinumab
Ruxolitinib
Baricitinib
Ivermectin
Atorvastatin
Acalabrutinib
Chlorpromazine
Leflunomide
Dapagliflozin
Sarilumab
Amiodarone or Verapamil
Ramipril
Sirolimus
Imatinib
Lenalidomide
Ulinastatin
Clazakizumab

**** me. There is money to be made and some fuggers will be making it :facepalm:

In a White House game of Pin The Tail On The Donkey on 19th March, from that long list Donald pinned the third.

The rest is history.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In a White House game of Pin The Tail On The Donkey on 19th March, from that long list Donald pinned the third.

The rest is history.

to be fair it wasnt random, the Chinese where trying chloroquine as a therapy back in February. iroinc eh?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Lopinavir/ Ritonavir
Remdesivir
Duvelisib
Favipiravir
Tocilizumab
Isotretinoin
Losartan
Plitidepsin
Canakinumab
Ruxolitinib
Baricitinib
Ivermectin
Atorvastatin
Acalabrutinib
Chlorpromazine
Leflunomide
Dapagliflozin
Sarilumab
Amiodarone or Verapamil
Ramipril
Sirolimus
Imatinib
Lenalidomide
Ulinastatin
Clazakizumab

There will also be combinations tested as well. I was at a presentation yesterday which said pretty much every drug which might have an impact on treatment is being tested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here