Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Beardy Weirdy!

el punal

When the Arsenal home game was indefinitely postponed and lockdown commenced soon after, I had senior face stubble - none of your hipster shit! Eight weeks on, or however long it’s been since then, I have decided to go the Full Monty. My stubble has now become a fully fledged cornfield a la Ernest Hemingway but without his presence.

My daughter has taken the wind out my sails and asked if I was auditioning to become Father Christmas. Pah!

My hair has also become wild and carefree, and, bleached in the remarkable sunny weather we’ve been enjoying. So my new normal in the new normal of life in general is absolutely abnormal. I look a mess but hey-ho. Anyone else downing tools on men’s grooming? :drink:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not me.

Mrs. Mahone has been my hairdresser for over 25 years, so I am nicely coiffured as always. :wink:

At the beginning of lockdown, I trimmed my bread right down to see how I might look without one.

Didn't like it, so it's back in all its glory.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When the Arsenal home game was indefinitely postponed and lockdown commenced soon after, I had senior face stubble - none of your hipster shit! Eight weeks on, or however long it’s been since then, I have decided to go the Full Monty. My stubble has now become a fully fledged cornfield a la Ernest Hemingway but without his presence.

My daughter has taken the wind out my sails and asked if I was auditioning to become Father Christmas. Pah!

My hair has also become wild and carefree, and, bleached in the remarkable sunny weather we’ve been enjoying. So my new normal in the new normal of life in general is absolutely abnormal. I look a mess but hey-ho. Anyone else downing tools on men’s grooming? :drink:

Could never end up looking like an electrified brillo pad.
Number 1 haircut and face like gollums ass :lol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
We have a catch up every Friday morning between the senior members of my team over Microsoft teams.

Until last week most folk just use to have the camera off but Microsoft released an update to make Teams more like Zoom and tiled the participants of the call. So the brown nosers of the group insisted we put our cameras on.....jesus christ! Our Portuguese dev lead hair was ****ing wild which caused much hilarity. Fair play to the guy he took it on the chin and when he joined the call this morning he was wearing a company branded baseball cap.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I thought I would have a go at a haircut and a shave again when I could next have a drink in a pub. Slightly regretting that decision now... we'll see how it goes in June.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No1 / bald on top. My proper hair went years ago. I did have the full on lockdown beard going on for the first few weeks of lockdown but Mrs GB put her foot down and I am now freshly shaved, having initially used the beard trimmer on my clippers and finished the job off with a good old fashioned Mach 3, hot water and screaming.

Amusingly, "beardy weirdy" was exactly the phrase she used (whilst rolling her eyes)....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
During lockdown we've been binge watching Chicago PD. Accordingly, it only seemed right to take my inspiration from the facial furniture of Detective Olinsky. Thus far I'm struggling with the below chin tuft and precision sides. In short a rather poor bandit. And it's scaring the kids! Dd0QE2SVAAAIorZ.jpeg

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
As someone who has inherited male pattern baldness I usually go for a No.2 all over - ooer missus.

I am now heading towards Coco the Clown, should I go for the double comb-over or go for a 'I may be a grey-haired old git but I still have a full head of hair under my baseball cap - check out my pony-tail' type of saddo?

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

Since you asked so nicely - this morning:
IMG_20200523_092655544.jpg

Keepin' my freak flag flyin'

(Okay, yes, I did start before lockdown)

(And yes, I'm always a grumpy b@st@rd in the morning)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I go around 3 weeks before getting the trimmer out and going back to stubble. Wouldn't mind a beard but it is too patchy and very grey underneath. My girlfriend has been talked into cutting my hair twice and has taken about 3mm off each time. Maybe if I ask every week, she will give in and go to 5mm.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Since you asked so nicely - this morning:
View attachment 123959

Keepin' my freak flag flyin'

(Okay, yes, I did start before lockdown)

(And yes, I'm always a grumpy b@st@rd in the morning)

Impressive. Careful though, you may get squirrels attempting to bury their nuts in that!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here