Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "It would be a national embarrassment...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...if the Bundesliga, La Liga or Serie A were to be able to complete safely and the first and fifth biggest leagues in the world were not able to follow suit if the context remained comparable." says Leeds United chief executive Angus Kinnear.

"For Leeds United the breath-taking speed of our breakaway play should make us the poster boys of social distancing and I have absolute faith in Luke Ayling’s ability to choreograph some Covid compatible goal celebrations."

Full piece >>> https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...3zeoeRcS7PSS4TMcsoVIFCOnE1KT4VlI5DLC_yWvabB7U

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Leeds and Liverpool fans on social media have disgraced themselves throughout this whole entire thing, the amount of said fans on twitter basically implying relegation threatened teams are deliberately testing positive for COVID is astonishing, mind numbingly stupid.

Would love it if it restarts and Leeds bottle it.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I can't disagree with that. I think if that had been us in the same position most folk would have shared that view.

Although, being an UN-Leeds fan, I'm with [MENTION=14080]The Wizard[/MENTION] too

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It would be a national embarrasment if WACCOE, the utterly humungous LEEDS, made it back in to the top flight. It would be funny as **** if they didn't. For that reason, I'm out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what happens if the Bundesliga, La Liga or Serie A dont complete their seasons safely? we shouldnt be setting health policy as if its a pissing contest.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm sick of Sky trotting out ex Liverpool players complaining that relegation threatened teams have an ulterior motive. Good job Liverpool don't have an ulterior motive, isn't it?

In summation, relegation threatened clubs arguing = bad, promotion/title challenging teams arguing = good.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It would really be terrible if, heaven forbid, there was a Covid 19 breakout in the Leeds team and they were the team on which the aspirations of the Premier League and Championship money grabbers floundered.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Utter, utter tosser.

I hope the Championship restarts and Leeds bottle it and fail to go up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sick of Sky trotting out ex Liverpool players complaining that relegation threatened teams have an ulterior motive

Same. Tho, to be fair, how on earth are Sky expected to fill all these endless hours of sports broadcasting, when there's little or no sport to report on? Need to generate a flicker of interest somehow shirley?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be great if we stayed up, they stayed down and we bought that lad White from them.

He looks a real prospect.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Leeds and Liverpool fans on social media have disgraced themselves throughout this whole entire thing, the amount of said fans on twitter basically implying relegation threatened teams are deliberately testing positive for COVID is astonishing, mind numbingly stupid.

Would love it if it restarts and Leeds bottle it.

All clubs have dick head fans. I think it’s best to focus on the conduct of the actual club owners and management. Liverpool have conducted themselves well, as have most EPL clubs to be fair. All the need to know about Leeds is in the opening post.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Same. Tho, to be fair, how on earth are Sky expected to fill all these endless hours of sports broadcasting, when there's little or no sport to report on? Need to generate a flicker of interest somehow shirley?

Oh I get why they do it. But Redknapp, Souness, Warnock, Carragher, Klopp? And for balance, Barber in a pantomime villain's costume.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Best outcome, Leeds fans turn up in their thousands for the game that would clinch promotion.
The Police not happy, and get the game abandoned.
Leeds docked points for failing to fulfill fixture, and finish in play off positions, and lose both legs of play off semi final.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All clubs have dick head fans. I think it’s best to focus on the conduct of the actual club owners and management. Liverpool have conducted themselves well, as have most EPL clubs to be fair. All the need to know about Leeds is in the opening post.

Liverpool, who have expressed their opinion that the PL must be played to a conclusion at all costs, whilst simultaneously arguing that the WSL (in which their team happens to be bottom) should be declared void, with no relegation, on safety grounds?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leeds CEO counting his chickens already. What a knob.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on guys, this is THE LEEDS, we should just give them our place in the PL

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here